Keg temp change... is it ok?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanhope

Reaction score
I have some kegs in my keezer right now, all carbed up. I am going to be getting rid of my current keezer this weekend won't have a replacement for a week or two. In the meantime I will move my kegs to the basement where it stays in the mid to high 60s durring the summer. Is this going to affect my beer in any way? Should I burst them with a higher pressure co2 to prevent the co2 from coming out of suspension when the kegs warm up?

as long as your seals are good and the poppets don't leak you will be fine. don't push more co2 into them if the levels in them now are where you want them. be mindful of any hop bags you have in them now, you might want to pull them. a few weeks at room temp won't hurt your beer.

if you have a super fresh IPA that is juiced up to hopsplosion level 5000 you might notice some degradation by the time you reconnect them but ipa's do that.

make sure to clean all your poppets and posts, then spray with a sanitizer like star san - basements are moldy.

Back