KBS Pricing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paid 10 bucks for 8 ounces last night at the beer bar. :drunk:

in DC, the only place i was able to find KBS was $10/bottle + 10% tax, 2 bottle limit.

been to two different draft tappings, where it's been $12 for a 10 oz pour. can't say i was impressed with either draft version. i hope those $11 bottles are better. not sure it was worth it, this year...

I had 3 glasses (roughly 9oz pours) last night at $6 each. And a Deschutes Mirror Mirror at $7 for the same size.

I stopped in to my favorite bottle shop today and the guy informed me that there was a problem with the KBS he sold me last week. Apparently there was a mixup at the warehouse and someone's personal case of verticals was mixed in with the rest of the 2014 release. He got a mixed case of 4 pks going back to 2009. Unfortunately there's no way of knowing what year my bottle is but it's between a 2010-2013. I got some 2014 from a different shop and the label is slightly different and they are date coding them now.

Sent from my Commodore64

Yeah, the bottle dates are stamped on the neck/shoulder of the bottle in a yellow ink. They are a bear to see but it should be there.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I have to disagree. Here are 2011 and 2012 bottles. I was unable to find a datestamp on my 2010 bottle.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397345504.968411.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1397345523.790786.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

$7-something each for 2 bottles, won through a lottery system at the store.

:off: Incidentally, did anyone see the thread on BA griping at the loose/off-kilter labels on this year's release? There's no pleasing some people...

Not near as good as bcbcs. Try them side by side. Not worth the hassle.

I did them side by side last Sunday. Bcbs certainly is more bourbon heavy, whereas kbs seemed like a coffee bomb. Doesn't make one better than the other as they taste different.

My opinion, at least. Then again, I had more hassle getting bcbs than I did getting kbs, even if I did get more of it.

I hate it when shops gouge there customers with over inflated prices for limited beers.
We have a fantastic local brewery here called Boneyard. They do not bottle or can. They just did a collabaration beer with Widmer called Blacklight IPA a 4.5% session style IPA. I thought kinda weired beer for Boneyard to be in on. They make mostly big beers. Went down to buy a few. 7.99 for a single session beer. I bought one just to try but wont pay that much for any more.

I did them side by side last Sunday. Bcbs certainly is more bourbon heavy, whereas kbs seemed like a coffee bomb. Doesn't make one better than the other as they taste different.

My opinion, at least. Then again, I had more hassle getting bcbs than I did getting kbs, even if I did get more of it.

I think he meant compare it to bcbC(offee)s, which is a coffee bomb.

KBS this year tasted like rancid chocolate and watered down folgers coffee...meh

BCBCS blows it out of the water...by FAR

had it for the first time, and it was very very good. luckily in chicago i can still get plenty of bcs and i find it better. why lucky? because here, in chicago, i was told at the local binnys that kbs sold out IN ONE HOUR. ON A WEDNESDAY. that is just ridiculous. if founders is only able to make so little of it, then why bother releasing it nationwide. it makes no sense. it is not drumming up excitement or interest as there is hardly anyone that can even taste the damn thing. they need to up production or just make it a local limited release beer like dark lord.

had it for the first time, and it was very very good. luckily in chicago i can still get plenty of bcs and i find it better. why lucky? because here, in chicago, i was told at the local binnys that kbs sold out IN ONE HOUR. ON A WEDNESDAY. that is just ridiculous. if founders is only able to make so little of it, then why bother releasing it nationwide. it makes no sense. it is not drumming up excitement or interest as there is hardly anyone that can even taste the damn thing. they need to up production or just make it a local limited release beer like dark lord.

I agree. I live in MI and can't find it to try it. My local beer store laughed at me when I asked if they ever even got any. Nope.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back