KBS Pricing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickfern

Reaction score
Now that KBS is out in the wild, what approximate price point should I be expecting once it hits my local shelves?

You referring to founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout? Didn't know they got further distribution but when its available here in Michigan its typically 11-15 or upwards of 18 for a four pack

Yeah I work for distributer in Fl that sells it. Hitting shelves this week actually.

Sent from my iBeer sorry for any and all mistakes!

It landed in Albany, NY today. Very limited quantities, most stores are limiting to one bottle per person. I picked a bottle up earlier today for $5.49. Stores are going to make out OK splitting up the cases like that.

1 per for around $7 and you have to buy a pack of a regular founders release. Meh

Biggest bull**** ive ever heard of.

Went into my local shop and they told me the same thing, "we're trying to promote the brand, 1per person and you need to buy an additional founders 4 or 6pack"...

THE BRAND!?! Founders brewing company that distros to the WHOLE eastern seaboard needs brand promotion!? PLEASEEEEEEEEEE

Thankfully another shop not much farther away let me grab 2 with no founders purchase...looks like i know where my $100 weekly payment for beer will be going now.

To all those shop owners out there...TREAT YOUR GOOD CUSTOMERS RIGHT!!

...Oh right, how much is a bottle of KBS..... 6.99 around long island, NY

Yeah its kind of non sense. The owner is very fair and generous and unlike other places will sell you a heady for $5 instead of $10 if he gets some.
I can imagine as a business owner you want to move stuff and the more founders they sell the more specialty stuff they'll get but I probably dropped $1000 in there last year. Don't tell me what I have to buy.

I think that whole plan is weak.

My normal place for stuff like this, and the others I go to, just encourage everyone to buy more from all breweries. If folks just come in for the special releases, they don't move enough to those special releases in. It's tough as a home brewer when you don't need to buy that much beer.

What is wrong with the rest of the country? I've never once experienced "bottle limits" and especially never been forced to buy a six pack. When bcbs comes out every year I buy my 4 4-packs no hassle. KBS certainly isn't worth jumping through hoops for anyway.

Visited another place today that was a get one for $7 if you buy a sixer of another founders. Walked out. Ridiculous.
I'll be iso soon for sure since I'd like to continue my vert

I understand they have other stuff to sell.
I like the idea of keeping the guys who will come in and buy all of them that have never bought a thing there before from doing it but this is my second go to spot and I prob spent $600 there last year including buying 2 kegs.
Do you really have to make me buy something else I don't want for a $7 bottle and think twice about taking my business elsewhere?

How about KBS glasses this year. They are all over on ebay and beer selling sites for over 35 dollars a piece! You can wander over to founders website and buy them for 10 bucks. Ridiculous.

Spent a couple hours today chasing down a 4 pk. 4 different shops all with a single bottle limit. Pricing between $5.99-$9.00 per bottle. No clause about having to buy something else but I chose to at the smaller shops because I wanted to, not sure how I would've felt about being told I had to...

Sent from my Commodore64

I'd walk out and not shop at a bottle shop that required a purchase of regular founders for ONE bottle of KBS. I want it but I also don't want to be jerked around.

Biggest bull**** ive ever heard of.

Went into my local shop and they told me the same thing, "we're trying to promote the brand, 1per person and you need to buy an additional founders 4 or 6pack"...

THE BRAND!?! Founders brewing company that distros to the WHOLE eastern seaboard needs brand promotion!? PLEASEEEEEEEEEE

Thankfully another shop not much farther away let me grab 2 with no founders purchase...looks like i know where my $100 weekly payment for beer will be going now.

To all those shop owners out there...TREAT YOUR GOOD CUSTOMERS RIGHT!!

...Oh right, how much is a bottle of KBS..... 6.99 around long island, NY

That is kind of bull****, but it wouldnt be hard to convince me to buy a sixer of founders hahaha.

Edit: I can see them doing somehting where they discount a KBS if you buy a sixer or something, that makes sense (if legal)

Paid $6 each, limit 2. Good thing my loving wife is so awesome to stop after work and grab another 2.

I was surprised to hear a local grocery store, with a big liquor dept, had it when no other liquor store in town got any.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

$4.99 for only one bottle at the higher-end grocery store (Central Market) in Dallas.

My smaller very local beer store was selling them for $8.99 per bottle with no limit.

Around $5.50 a bottle here in Columbus ga, but everywhere that had it was out within an hour of opening the case.

I've paid 5 for bottles all 1 and 2 bottle limits. There are a lot if places requiring other purchases to buy a bottle. I won't be doing that.

Heard a store around here letting you buy a 4 pack for $40. Just ridiculous stuff happening.

Shop owner hooked me up with 2 4pack @ 20$ a piece. Everywhere else was limit 2 bottles @ 7-8$ a piece.

Just picked up 2 bottles for $4.59 each. No need to buy any other Founders beers to get the KBS.

I bought 2 bottles at $5 each at the grocery store 3 blocks from home. Last 2 they had from their one case with a 2 bottle limit. The manager is a good guy and was up frontbwith me from the get-go. Broke up the 4pks to spread it out more.

Other places in town did 4 packs at 20-25. One place started at $5 per bottle but it hit $10 each for their last 2. I'm not likely to shop at that store anymore.

It's been quite absurd in NJ.

People have been FOLLOWING the distribution truck to all of its deliveries and camping out. Unreal.

Lottery is the only way to go IMO.

While I don't advocate the ability to purchase a bottle on the condition that you also purchase a 6pk (which yes is illegal), I don't think that the general public realizes that that is how it works for the retailers. Limited released things like KBS are oftentimes allocated to accounts based on total brand sales for the year. With the many years I've worked in the industry, I've seen a lot of instances which a retailer is forced to purchase a pallet of other items from the brewery on the spot for them to be given a single case of that one item. It's just the retailer's way to not be stuck with a bunch of cases of beer

I bought a couple 4 packs of KBS and don't even like it! And it wasn't that easy to find. :(

Almost Famous Brewing Company

in DC, the only place i was able to find KBS was $10/bottle + 10% tax, 2 bottle limit.

been to two different draft tappings, where it's been $12 for a 10 oz pour. can't say i was impressed with either draft version. i hope those $11 bottles are better. not sure it was worth it, this year...

Back