Is this the strangest looking Krausen?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enthuzed

Reaction score
A little background:

I am brewing a Watermelon Wheat Extract and it's been about 9 days in the primary. The yeast took off like crazy and I actually had the top blow off :mad:. Which was a bummer because I had to clean it all up (sorry no pics, I realize I should have taken some, but I was to worried to clean up all the beer). Re-Sanitized top and fixed a blow off tube and all good.

Today I take a look to see if it's time to rack on top of my watermelon in the secondary and this is what I see:

Those white streaks seem weird and just curious as to what everyone thinks? :D

photo 1.jpg

It looks like a brain. So that obviously suggests when you drink this beer it will make you smarter, so you've got that going for you:mug:

Looks fine to me.:D

Definitely normal. Heck, I sometimes get this gooey, almost rubbery looking krausen. Smells and looks completely alien at times...perfectly normal.

Those are all great responses.

I have only brewed a few batches at this point. This one just looked bizarre (but hey I guess this is the first of many :cross:)

I'll keep you posted on how this one turns out.

Those are all great responses.

I have only brewed a few batches at this point. This one just looked bizarre (but hey I guess this is the first of many :cross:)

I'll keep you posted on how this one turns out.

Great, now PUT THE LID BACK ON FOR GOSH SAKE! You don't want it to get infected...THEN it will REALLY look "bad"!

Great, now PUT THE LID BACK ON FOR GOSH SAKE! You don't want it to get infected...THEN it will REALLY look "bad"!

This I did do almost immediately after I took the picture. Drink away :mug:

Latest posts

Back