Irish Ale/Light Suggestion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wedward

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I perused the recipe locator but am in need of some advice. I'm planning a St. Paddy's shindig next month and was wondering if anyone had some pairing suggestions to go with what I've already got in the works.

I've got a Red Ale in the secondary ready to bottle next week and Toad Spit Stout (variant) in the primary. I'd like something golden or light or maybe a good brown ale that might compliment these two. I was looking originally for a Harp clone, but
  1. It's a lager and I dont have time for that - and have only done ales so far
  2. Read a post from Orfy about Harp and decided there must be a better local favorite to use...

Any ideas welcome.

TIA

If you already have a red and a stout, you'll need something light and crisp for the ladies and the BMC drinkers.

I'd suggest a light cream ale.

I'm in the same boat. I have an Irish Red and a stout going. I'll need a light one and was planning on another batch of the Centennial Blonde. I have a keg of it now, but it's rapidly disappearing!
:mug:

If you already have a red and a stout, you'll need something light and crisp for the ladies and the BMC drinkers.

I'd suggest a light cream ale.

Thanks for both suggestions - I'm doing both as my first AG brews. I got a 5 Gallon Coleman for my MLT and a new 8 Gallon brewpot with a false bottom, and went all out getting kegging goods as well. Got a good deal but dropped around $700 in one shot for these and the $25 in goods for the recipes! I made customer of the day for my local HB Shop to say the least.

BM - thanks for the recipies and all the info on them. I hope they go well and wow folks like yours did.

Back