I need your support - brewing one beer a day for a year!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has a Lacto soured theme been suggested yet?
How I envisage it is you do a series of no boil or short boil batches,primary with lacto(brevis) and then ale yeast. The inteesting thing is a)how different ale yeasts contribute and b) how differnt hops used mainly in a dry hop impact the beer.
My second two pence worth there,hope you keep at it and keep on enjoying it!

I appreciate the suggestion! I'm really not a sour guy, but may attempt some eventually.

Wow, this takes some determination.

The videos are neat. Be neat if there was some kinda timeline cliffnotes of the stuff you learned along the way.

Wow, this takes some determination.

The videos are neat. Be neat if there was some kinda timeline cliffnotes of the stuff you learned along the way.

I really do need to make some posts about what I've learned. My bottling technique alone has really improved - not sure if the beer has yet or not! Either way, its been great so far.

One of the mods has asked me to write a few articles on the project. I will be working on the first one this week.

I finished a no-crystal IPA series tonight with no.71 of the YoB. The series was three beers, each with about 9% specialty grain: vienna, victory, and munich. I used CTZ to bitter and Centennial at 30, 15, 5, and 1. Around 1.075 and 70IBU. When I get to taste these in about 5 weeks I will take it a step further and add more variables.

Back