I need help finding a ball valve part

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raysmithtx

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a ball valve from brewhardware and after many batches I noticed that one of the teflon washers in the ball valve has some scratches (along with some black stuff in the scratches). I have looked and cannot find a part number for the washer. I can't be the only one who ever looked for this part. I figure a lot of people have ball valves and hopefully someone can point me to where I can buy a replacement.

I know blichmann engineering sells them, and I am pretty sure that 1 or 2 online retailers do as well, but I can't remember who at this time. It seems that not too many people replace the valve seals.

Blichmann does sell repair parts for their 3-piece valves - and actually puts it out there.

For non-branded valves one has to get lucky with Google-fu.
Mcmaster-Carr carries parts but as I doubt there are any actual standards at play - and that MC has their punitive shipping charges to boot - buying new may be the only practical way out...

Cheers!

I finally got my supplier to work with me on getting replacement seats. They are about 2 weeks away at this point. I don't know why it took so much work to get it done, but I'm glad I'll finally be able to offer repairs on the valves.

I called homebrewstuff.com, whom I had purchased my mash tun from, and they are sending me 2 new washers at no charge for that valve. I'm surprised its so difficult to find the washers for these valves

I finally got my supplier to work with me on getting replacement seats. They are about 2 weeks away at this point. I don't know why it took so much work to get it done, but I'm glad I'll finally be able to offer repairs on the valves.

Do you have these in stock now. I couldn't find them on the website.

Back