Help - 3-Piece Ball Valve Gasket/Ring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cscalesey

Reaction score

Attachments

• Gasket_01.jpg
    Gasket_01.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Gasket_02.jpg
    Gasket_02.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
It is not. I actually purchased that item from Bobby hoping it would be a universal fitting (see photos below). The fitting he sells comes as one solid unit and is thicker at the outer end and will not lay flush. I don't own any 3-piece ball valves by other manufacturers, but I assume this is more standard than the one I purchased from morebeer.

Attachments

• Gasket_03.jpg
    Gasket_03.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Gasket_04.jpg
    Gasket_04.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
I've never seen a 3pc design that uses a separate oring inside like that. You should be able to measure the size and get something as close as possible from a dedicated oring vendor. Check sizing charts for metric as there are more incremental sizes in metric.

This version of the 3pc is a huge pain in the ass to reseal after cleaning. I didn't have one set properly when tightening and the oring stretched. I thought having these in my arsenal would encourage regular cleaning but I hate popping them open. Shoulda bought from brewhardware.

Appreciate the help, Bobby! I will stop being lazy and make the measurements.

I'm actually surprised anyone offers replacement plastic bits for ball valves because there's no standard design and a bazillion sources...

Back