I need a recipe!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redd1982

Reaction score
I am looking for a recipe to utilize the grains and hops I have left from my past 3 brews.

Current inventory: Briess 2-row (approx. 25 lbs.), T & F dark crystal (.5 lbs), T & F roasted barley (.75 lbs.) and plenty of Simcoe and Centennial hops.

Any help would be great!

I would say that if you are brewing 5 gallon batches, then you've got enough to brew two largish beers, or one session beer and one very big beer. I would go with the latter, and make an Irish red ale and an American Barleywine.

Redheaded Stepchild
9 lbs. 2-row
.5 lb. roasted barley
.25 lb. dark crystal malt
.5 oz. Centennial hops, FWH
your choice of ale yeast
mash at 152 for 45 minutes

Demonic Possession
16lbs. pale 2-row
.5 lbs. roasted barley
.25 lbs. dark crystal malt
1 oz. Centennial hops, 60 min.
1 oz Simcoe hops, 20 min.
1 oz Centennial hops, 5 min.
1 oz Simcoe hops, knockout
Wyeast #1056 (American Ale)
mash at 156 for 60 min.

Nice! Thanks for ideas. I am going to try the redheaded stepchild. Considering I am a ginger.

Yesterday, I brewed the Demonic Possession recipe. Though, I made a huge mistake! I underestimated how much grain was in that bill. I couldn't keep the mash temps at the correct levels because I over filled my 5 gal. mash tun. My gravity readings were on target...I hope it turns out. I will let you know.

Back