I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Friends.

Just back from a 10 day SUV cruise (with three stinky boys) around Lake Michigan. Few days in Traverse City, South Haven and Chicago. Very nice trip...[glad it's over]. I'm a homebody and proud. Downtown Chicago was very cool, a wonderful experience for my boys and somewhere I may desire to visit again next decade;) I stopped at 3 Floyd's. They were sold out of Zombie Dust [WTF?]. Had a few good beers and visited with good friends and family. The wedding was in South Haven and the band did not play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Qos9NgJPJ58

Hey Friends.

Just back from a 10 day SUV cruise (with three stinky boys) around Lake Michigan. Few days in Traverse City, South Haven and Chicago. Very nice trip...[glad it's over]. I'm a homebody and proud. Downtown Chicago was very cool, a wonderful experience for my boys and somewhere I may desire to visit again next decade;) I stopped at 3 Floyd's. They were sold out of Zombie Dust [WTF?]. Had a few good beers and visited with good friends and family. The wedding was in South Haven and the band did not play:

Sounds like a great trip. Did you get a chance to visit the Sears Tower and National Science Museum?

Hey Friends.

3 Floyds = Mmmmm. Cheese curds and Zombie Dust on tap. Mmmmm. If they had had ZD for sale, it would have been a huge line.

I was there a couple months ago. Before 3 Floyds, we went to Midwest Gun Range in Elkhart and rented the full auto H&K G36. It was quite the afternoon actually.

3 Floyds = Mmmmm. Cheese curds and Zombie Dust on tap. Mmmmm. If they had had ZD for sale, it would have been a huge line.

I was there a couple months ago. Before 3 Floyds, we went to Midwest Gun Range in Elkhart and rented the full auto H&K G36. It was quite the afternoon actually.

I was disappointed they were out of ZD. I've been wanting to try it for a long while. My boys would have loved the gun range. My oldest especially.

Need somebody to just make plumbing clear. I dig inside dimensions. Makes perfect sense. What is the thickness of the usual wall? ID vs OD. Hows a laymen to know?

Side note. If i fill my bathtub (stopper engaged - tub drain plugged). And at the four minute mark shut of the water; is four minutes after pulling the plug to empty the tub a good drain time?

My wife was complaining her tub drains too slowly. So I filled her tub with hot water. Plunged it about 300 times. When i saw a vortex start forming and the nice gurgling drain sound (neither i had before the plunging). I did the time test. 4:4, or i guess thats the same as 1:1. Seems pretty good to me. Is that a good ratio?

In my house, it's always hair. I snake a glob of it out, all is good. The chemicals (even the hazardous ones) rarely do any good.

Hope all is well with the late night crew. Here's a song I was just listening to while at the dog park. For your late night soundtrack, some of that modern pop country. I like a lot of it. I like the old themes and values in country music. I know modern stuff is very "pop" and not the same as what Cash and Waylon and the rest of them sang, but it's still fun music.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi5nE4cPFAQ[/ame]

Word to the wise - write down your recipe even if there's only two ingredients :drunk:

Drinking an IPA I made last month, and it's delicious, but man is it ugly. Was aiming for something like 94% 2-row and 6% victory or biscuit, but I may have shopped while a bit drunk and came out with vienna instead. Beer is a terrible shade of brown. It's not light enough to be anywhere near golden, but it's not dark enough to be a brown or even amber. Combine that with a lot of dry-hop haze and it's a weird murky light brown. Massive amounts of Centennial and Simcoe though so it's delicious.

Word to the wise - write down your recipe even if there's only two ingredients :drunk:

Drinking an IPA I made last month, and it's delicious, but man is it ugly. Was aiming for something like 94% 2-row and 6% victory or biscuit, but I may have shopped while a bit drunk and came out with vienna instead. Beer is a terrible shade of brown. It's not light enough to be anywhere near golden, but it's not dark enough to be a brown or even amber. Combine that with a lot of dry-hop haze and it's a weird murky light brown. Massive amounts of Centennial and Simcoe though so it's delicious.

That is why you wear GoCameras on brewday [emoji3]

One of the first or third all grain batches i made was a SNPA clone kit from... I think, Midwest Suppies. The reviews on the kit all said the beer it made was as good/better/very similsr to the Sierra Nevads nsmesake beer. My turned out mothing like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

Im not sure what i did wrong, mashed at the wrong temp, screwed up hop times or amounts? Or what! My sanitation (starsan) and fermentation temperature (a temp controlled chest freezer) were on spot.

The beer was anything but SNPA. The color was light yellowish, kind of like when youre a bit dehydrated and no clear pee, just a tad yellow - definitely not to much multivitamin yellow. So maybe an srm around 4; I think a duplication should have bern closer to 9.

I think it was malty and had very little fresh cascade flavor, there was just a twist of bitterness. Overall a very refreshing lawnmower lager. Its an ale that remined me of a crisp lager with breasts

It, in my opinion was a refreshing beer. Didnt come out like SNPA, not even close by any stretch of the imagination; however that beer was great. That was about 5 years ago. Ive never tried to replicate and msybe it was junk but it was mine and i liked it! [emoji3]

Very good

Here's what came in the "mail"

image.jpg

Just getting things going at the brewery Slowly but surely.

Hope everyone is well, I've been way too busy lately. Labels, permits, paperwork TTB etc.

Passed pawn- I told Ya when I saw us in FL I might do this. Now, it's finally almost done.

Just getting things going at the brewery Slowly but surely.

Hope everyone is well, I've been way too busy lately. Labels, permits, paperwork TTB etc.

Passed pawn- I told Ya when I saw us in FL I might do this. Now, it's finally almost done.

Congrats! That is awesome. Best of luck with the venture.

If you have any words of wisdom for me please speak now.

My cousin recently approached me with thoughts of a brewery business. I am not currently in the position to invest financially. I guess I have impressed my family with my brewing and they want to have me involved in that respect at least. I also have commercial space available and am a licensed electrican so I have things to offer.

I just do not know how to put a value on myself in this situation. It seems like a dream come true for a wannabe brewer but especially with family involved, I find myself just wanting to duck out.

Hey! [emoji3]

I did a test run on the newish brewery today. Just lookinf for a boil off rate and cooling idea with a keggle and CFC.

Here are my notes if interesting to anybody

Brewing start

Ground water temp 78
Air temp 80
Humidity - highish
Bayou classic 50k btu burner
5 g to boil (uncovered 15g keggle)
Time
1709 78f (start)
1736 189-190f
1738 200f
1741 209f
1742 212 boil. Medium vigor

Boil off rate in an hour
Started with 5 g
Ended with 3.8
26% boil off i believe ( i didnt account for expansion of the hot water)

Cooling
Start 210
79 out the CFC

Deadspace in keggle with water 16 oz. A pint

I've looked at this thread a couple of times. Still can't figure it out. Most posts are in day time, sometimes close to evening, but not night time.

Well, I'm still awake but that's about over.

Love this song, have no idea what it means:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F1l-dBvpjM&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

Last edited:
Im getting behind the times on how to post a video. Hope this works; for your listening pleasure.

Cheers!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0rQ_XSlc9g&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Challenge!! ; )

Five seconds, to name your favorite 2015: ill give you this entire century - favorite band? Or whatever music groups are called.

Start

Latest posts

Back