I just realized something: E-brewery= sous-vide cooker!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowtiebrewery

Reaction score
Seriously it just came to me. My mash tun could easily double as a sous-vide pot. I was about to buy a sous-vide cooker on amazon just now, and I was reading over reviews and what not, and then I realized... Wait... I can control water temperature and continuously recirculate in my brewery... Soooo.... I'm so going to test this tomorrow night. Taking a few steaks out of the freezer tonight and I'm going to try this out. So now my wife can't say my brewery is only for me. :ban::mug:

Having the power to bring water up to temp and even boiling faster than any stove top can, is quite powerful. Bring this up when the wife wants to do some canning. No more sleeping on the couch!

Did it last night. Wow! Killer man! I'm so going to do a tenderloin in there as well for a dinner party. Makes everything so easy.

I have done it in a crock pot controlled by the STC-1000 controller off my fermenter...works like a champ.

Oh wow. I think I need to try this now. I have a cooler based HERMS and I have a foodsaver!!! I'm going to eat good this weekend!

I have done it in a crock pot controlled by the STC-1000 controller off my fermenter...works like a champ.

Ah I have one as well... I never even thought to do that. Totally makes sense. Any uneven heat issues since the water did not recirculate?

Oh wow. I think I need to try this now. I have a cooler based HERMS and I have a foodsaver!!! I'm going to eat good this weekend!

No need to drag out the food saver. Ziploc bag sealed up except for one small opening in the corner. Dip it in water, save for the open corner, and the water will squeeze the air out. Zip the bag up and your good to go.

Back