I am currently fermenting Ovaltine.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't stand it any more. Just came home with a 12 oz. jar of ovaltine and yeasties. So what is the recommended amount of water for 12 ounces of this stuff? A gallon? Should I boil it or just dissolve it in some water and top it off in the bucket? I feel like a kid with a chemistry kit, lol.

Right. We all know how much planning is necessary to crack open a bottle of beer, (attempt to) drink it and write a paragraph about the experience. How dare you.

You'd be surprised how long editing my videos takes me. I'm currently planning a kitchen reno so I'm pre occupied. TOMORROW FOR SURE!

I couldn't stand it any more. Just came home with a 12 oz. jar of ovaltine and yeasties. So what is the recommended amount of water for 12 ounces of this stuff? A gallon? Should I boil it or just dissolve it in some water and top it off in the bucket? I feel like a kid with a chemistry kit, lol.

Well a gallon is probably good.

You will need to boil it if you want the hop it.

Subscribed... can't wait for tasting notes!

I used some Goya Malta in the G.A.P. Experiment a few years ago... but that's way closer to wort than ovaltine.

You'll shoot your eye out kid!

watch the whole thing end with this being a joke haha if i wait one more day i think i may be convinced it is!:cross:

I'm hoping it clears well to where it looks like a porter or something. Judging from how it looked after the surjell addition.

so glad i'm only just now subscribing to this ridiculous thread.

No kidding. How could this dude wait an extra three days to try this? When I bottle condition, I am lucky to make it until the 5th day before trying a half-carbonated beer that I made.

Either this guy has more will power than Jesus H. Christ or the beer was beyond horrible. Going with the latter.

I just found this by chance this morning while drinking a glass of ovaltine and wondering how well it would ferment. I'm already getting impatient. I can't imaging how those of you following since the beginning must feel.

rstewy2 said:
I just found this by chance this morning while drinking a glass of ovaltine and wondering how well it would ferment. I'm already getting impatient. I can't imaging how those of you following since the beginning must feel.

Feels good man.

BB, I can't wait to hear the results!

So the video has been shot, the beer has been tasted. You just have to wait for the video. No details until then. Should be tonight!

So the video has been shot, the beer has been tasted. You just have to wait for the video. No details until then. Should be tonight!

Haha killing us!

Let me guess, these will be your tasting notes:

"This is really something. Folks if you like to drink this sort of thing, well then this is for you!" :D

Though I got a kick out of your videos. At a minimum good stuff!

I love the fact that you take the time to edit your videos to give it that extra personality. Good job so far and I can't wait to see your results!

Hi Ovaltine guy,

I am in my seventies. An age where people start assessing their mortality.

I am pleading with you to release the @#^$R$ results ASAP for several reasons.

1. I want to see the results so I ca die happily having seen all thats left to see.
2. Waiting is increasing my stress level which could lead to stroke.

I assure you that I am really interested in your success and am not one of those people in a crowd that shout jump! jump! when they see someone perched on a ledge. Besides stomach pump technology is great.

Back