I am currently fermenting Ovaltine.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My apartment is too hot to brew beer or I would too. I think it could be interesting when you think about it, if there are rose meads why not a rosehip beer?

You can definitely get it mail order via the intertubes as well. Thats how I got my juniper berries...

Actually... now I have another idea!...

Just saw the video and my hat goes off to you Baron for the innovative idea and for tasting your "brew" not just once but several times!

I think the look on your face when you turned the camera around says it all:rockin:

Looking forward to your next ah, well whatever you call it!

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT EVERYONE!!!!!

I'm so honoured that so many people have been watching and following. I can't decide if I want to brew the $8 bush beer or another Ovaltine beer next.

Beer-Baron said:

I'm so honoured that so many people have been watching and following. I can't decide if I want to brew the $8 bush beer or another Ovaltine beer next.

A gallon of each, of course! Then after you try both you can make a GAP version of Black and Tan. Call it an Ov and Bush.

Beer-Baron said:

I dunno $8 bush sounds kinda shady I'd be careful.... Oh wait we're talking about beer. I'd go for it.

I'm gonna call shenanigans on the outcome. I think it came out awesome and he's pretending it was bad because he wants to keep all the boozy ovaltine goodness to himself! I've figured you out Baron! YOU CAN'T FOOL ME!!!

My batch is sitting in my Mr Beer keg right now. I made a very small test batch using only half the jar and a few other things. We'll see how it goes!

A taste at two weeks in primary was promising enough to bottle. I'll crack one open in another two and see what we have!

If this ever ends up being drinkable I'm totally going to get the decoder pin printed on some caps, lol.

I kept my decoder ring for years that I got as a child. Not sure I still have it. But I want underdogs' ring with the super energy pills inside! :D Speed of lightening,roar of thunder,smiting all who rob or plunder! Defending beer,ale,& the American way!

"Look on your face was priceless, bro. The retching sound really worked."
Awesome indeed!

unionrdr said:
I kept my decoder ring for years that I got as a child. Not sure I still have it. But I want underdogs' ring with the super energy pills inside! :D Speed of lightening,roar of thunder,smiting all who rob or plunder! Defending beer,ale,& the American way!

I think those super energy pills are illegal in most states now!

BrewinBigD said:
yeah, but a really effin innovative one! like the masochistic homebrew MacGuyver-less the sweet blonde mullet and jumper cable welder.

Drinking this beer makes that blonde mullet grow.

Okay. I think what makes this beer sour is the carbing/bottle conditioning process. Mine tasted pretty decent before I bottled and sour after two weeks in bottles.

Might be worth a shot. I would have seriously drank it and enjoyed it after three weeks of primary. After primary it was a cloudy brown and had a light chocolate flavor. After carbing it was a weird pink color and sour.

Back