Hunaphu Day & Tampa Bay Beer Week (3/1-3/9)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll assplain this weekend.
original.gif

Cigar City Brewing
Hunahpu's Day is about a month away! Folks are getting pumped, the beer list is growing exponentially (tinyurl.com/hdaylist), and things are shaping up nicely.

On Hunahpu's Day, we are setting a 3 bottle limit of Hunahpu's Imperial Stout from 11am-4pm for all attendees. Starting at 4pm we will open it up to a one case (12 bottle) limit per person for all attendees on a first-come first-serve basis.

From CCB's Facebook post a few minutes ago

I think you need to try harder good sir.

Next year, hopefully. This year it just ended up being too logistically difficult with my teaching schedule being the way it is; overloaded on Mondays and Fridays. The last thing I want to tell my department chair the year I'm up for mid pre-tenure review is "I'm taking off most of a work week to go to a beer festival".

Next year, hopefully. This year it just ended up being too logistically difficult with my teaching schedule being the way it is; overloaded on Mondays and Fridays. The last thing I want to tell my department chair the year I'm up for mid pre-tenure review is "I'm taking off most of a work week to go to a beer festival".
No doubt, gotta do what you gotta do. Where and what do you teach?

No doubt, gotta do what you gotta do. Where and what do you teach?

I teach math at Francis Marion University, small public undergrad school in SC. Other semesters I've been lucky with scheduling to be able to take long weekends while missing little or no class (like in the fall where I did a 5 day road trip to Philly, NYC, and Vermont), but not this time. Going is definitely on my to-do list for the future though.

WARNING: This post has nothing to do with Hunahpu's Day.

I know this is last minute, but I will be in Tampa on Wednesday night Feb. 12th and all day Thursday, Feb 13th. If anyone out there wants to grab a pint at Cigar City (or elsewhere) or lunch/dinner at Datz hit me up! You will find me at both of those locations during my work trip. Cheers!

Back