How to find the production date

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ggriffi

Reaction score
I want to make a starter and was going to use White Labs California Ale WLP001. When I go to yeastcalc it asks for the production date, all I can find on the vial is a "Best by date" of 8-24-13. This isn't the date I want to use is it? And if not how can I find out the right date?

ggriffi said:
I want to make a starter and was going to use White Labs California Ale WLP001. When I go to yeastcalc it asks for the production date, all I can find on the vial is a "Best by date" of 8-24-13. This isn't the date I want to use is it? And if not how can I find out the right date?

Yes you can use that date as those are the dates the software takes into account when calculating the viability

For White Labs vials you want to enter a date of 4 months before the "best by" date printed on the label. If you hover the cursor over the label "production date" a pop up of the directions will show.

Back