How Old Are You?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How old are you home brewers?

• Under age

• 21 to 35

• 36 to 50

• 50 to 65

• Too old to care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well, it seems that I am part of the majority here. I just hit 25 on Tuesday. Gotta love homebrew.

definitely thought the demographic would be a bit older. in the post-college working world i'm use to being treated like a kid (on mondays everyone at the office wants to hear about my weekend and live vicariously through my stories??), but it seems i'm in the majority. 25 here and loving it.

definitely thought the demographic would be a bit older. in the post-college working world i'm use to being treated like a kid (on mondays everyone at the office wants to hear about my weekend and live vicariously through my stories??), but it seems i'm in the majority. 25 here and loving it.

I thought it would skew a bit older also - but on the other hand, who is buying all those craft and micros? In my experience, the people in my general demographic group (55) are the ones who are inclined to drink Bud, Miller and so on. I don't normally like to stoop to cheap shots, but just this once: Those guys think that living large with beer is buying Michelob.

Steve

...luckily, still living my own life, not (yet) vicariously through others. Grow old but don't grow up!

I'm on the cusp. Turned 50 last July so I guess I'm technically in the 50-65 group. I wish I would have thought of rekindling this hobby sooner .I made a batch 20+ years ago when it wasn't as popular as it is now not to mention the internet wasn't even around then and more or less lost interest for many years. I can't believe how much it has advanced since then and now I'm really looking forward to concentrating on honing my skills.

Hummm.... i see the majority of peeps in here are 20 something dudes...

A little disappointed not to see many that are around my age but hey... I'll survive... *LOL* :)

I'm 43 - be 44 in July and I keep wondering if I'm ever gonna grow up. Still go to concerts regularly, still drink too much on ocassion and still enjoy mother nature. Age is just a number, however I too wish I had started homebrewing 20 years ago though at that time I might not have had the patience I currently possess.

Wow! I never saw so many young'ns. Well, since I'm a retired teacher, I guess that's untrue.
I am 69 years old and enjoyed everyday of it. I think I might be the oldest member here.(??)

Wow! I never saw so many young'ns. Well, since I'm a retired teacher, I guess that's untrue.
I am 69 years old and enjoyed everyday of it. I think I might be the oldest member here.(??)

Not quite, as I said before I am 70. ;)
Paul

I'm in the old enough to know better category but was surprised to see my age group under represented. I figured those of us with kids out of the picture would have more free time for brewing :confused:

I feel like I stopped aging, psychologically speaking, around 28, but I'm chronologically 40.

I don't want to act my age.

-Steve

Latest posts

Back