How Old Are You?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How old are you home brewers?

• Under age

• 21 to 35

• 36 to 50

• 50 to 65

• Too old to care

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm surprised we are so young here! I was figuring this group was a bunch of old farts (jk)... Actually it doesn't make sense, I figured older guys would have more patients, since brewing takes a degree of patients to develop the skill and truly enjoy.

I'd like to see a poll on the number of beers we drink per day on average.

'59 model here. I can never understand the dread of getting old. The more experience and knowledge I accumulate, the more fun living in general becomes.

15 years older than I look.
20 years younger than I feel.
I'm 37, but still get carded at the cigar shops.
In my mid 20s, I dealt with the cops alot at liquor stores. The clerks frequently wanted them to confiscate my "fake" ID. One refused to sell to me even after a cop verified it. I love that I still get carded at most bars and packies.
But, my lower back, knees, thumbs and short term memory are all but useless to me now.

'59 model here. I can never understand the dread of getting old. The more experience and knowledge I accumulate, the more fun living in general becomes.

That's because you haven't hit 50 yet. Wait till you get out of bed and have to check under the covers to make sure you didn't leave any body parts behind. Getting old really does suck, don't kid yourself.

I'm a young strapping 23 year old man. Uh, I mean boy compared to these other guys....whatever....:drunk:

26, I wonder how representative this is of homebrewing as a whole? I bet this poll is inaccurate if you look at the demographic of homebrewers as a whole because of the tech savviness of my generation. The little time I worked at a homebrew shop I saw a lot of older people come in and they had never even tried to go to the internets as a resource, as a matter of fact the owner kind of looked down on me when I directed people to this site for help even though I knew damned well that this site had better ideas and help than him.

Latest posts

Back