How did you find us?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While investigating brewing and my new Brewzilla, this forum kept popping up with solid information... so I joined. Thanks!

Googled for some equipment and saw the site, looked it over and looks like a great bunch of people. Nice site!

Searched for"using a refractometer for kombucha" and found the forum, although it took me three attempts to figure out the Kapture code :(

It is really difficult to find something like this. Lucky us! By the way, the site is a good one and it is full of knowledge and great things about wine. I searched on the best forums for plum wine and I found this forum in the google search results. I really enjoyed reading each and every article in this forums.

I was searching for Anvil fermentor reviews and I found homebrewtalk.com . I will be reading through the wealth of info this site has to offer while waiting for my equipment to arrive .

Joined 8 years ago when I was just starting to brew. Was probably searching for something related to equipment on google. This site has been a wealth of information. Just now posted my first comment!

Did a google search with my question and your site come up. Hello from the land down-under

Welcome! :mug:

Please let us know how you found HomeBrewTalk.com ....
I found Homebrewtalk from a Pinterest homebrew stand links. I've been trying to accumulate all grain brewing products from my home on the pacific coast of Ecuador. I'm originally from the Washington DC area and retired to EC 6 years ago. I've extract brewed for 25 years, but extracts have to be "muled" in from the US as the tax duties for equipment and ingredients are extremely high. Anyhow, I'm good to go with local all grain ingredients and I would just like to add a few last pieces to the equipment puzzle before I start. I'll be looking for homebrew stand plans (detailed) as I would like to have a local maestro build a stand for me. Thanks.

Hey TxBrew,

I was an old member long ago but forgot all my info. Army guy currently in Afghanistan, stationed in MD. Been brewing approx. 11 years. Run a 5 and 10 gal RIMS. Looking forward to some more good convos.

It is really difficult to find something like this. Lucky us! By the way, the site is a good one and it is full of knowledge and great things about wine. I searched on the best forums for plum wine and I found this forum in the google search results. I really enjoyed reading each and every article in this forums.
I was lucky to find it by the same search as you

i think i already posted in this thread...but like matter and gravity, and that sorta thing, i'm attracted to other homebrewers....and google wouldn't let me forget....

google wouldn't let you forget it loo

google wouldn't, and i think every time i visit they send me an email telling me about "yesterday's forum activity"....so i ended up with a subscription...? lol

edit: i swear i tried clicking the unsubscribe link in the email a dozen times, no luck!

Hello from kitchener, Ontario, Canada

Found you guys on Pinterest. I'm just starting to think about making my own home brew, so I am just learning what I need and how this whole process works.

I'm an all grain brewer that took 10 years off! I'm sure I've missed a lot! is the MoreBeer forum still up?? I have so many questions and wonder what I've missed. Can I still clean my equipment with OxiClean Free?? Is there still 2 camps Batch Sparge vs Continuous Sparge? What big changes have I missed??

I'm an all grain brewer that took 10 years off! I'm sure I've missed a lot! is the MoreBeer forum still up?? I have so many questions and wonder what I've missed. Can I still clean my equipment with OxiClean Free?? Is there still 2 camps Batch Sparge vs Continuous Sparge? What big changes have I missed??

3 camps now BIAB, Fly, Batch.....(at least from what i can tell)

and someone hit up the patent office, and reverse engineered PBW....

and let's not forget LoDo, lol

my first post. just got here. where can i start a new thread?
Before starting a new thread, you should look to see if there is already an active thread which addresses the topic. By "active", I mean a thread that has had postings within the last few months. Often, newcomers will post to a thread that hasn't had a post for many years (i.e. a "necro" thread), and in these cases, it's better to start a new thread.

If you decide that a new thread is the best way to go, the first thing to do is look thru the various forums, and sub-forums, and attempt to determine which is the most appropriate home for your thread. If you are unsure which forum to post in, ask a moderator via a private Conversation. If you do choose an inappropriate forum, the moderators may move the thread to a more appropriate one. In no case should you ever start duplicate threads in different forums - if you do, they will just end up getting merged back into a single thread.

Once you determine in which forum to start a thread, open up the forum, and then click the "Post New Thread" button located on the right side of the page, at the top of the thread list.

doug293cz
HBT Moderator

After ending up here many a time after Googling for why my beer tastes as 'unique' as it does, I thought I'd sign up in the hope I can contribute when I learn things... the way the internet used to work :)

I use to brew(maybe 6 batches) in the early 70's (when the laws changed ) this was in Boulder,Colorado. Life went on and now I'm back. I joined The Home Brewers Club (I think that was its name ) but brewing has always been in the back of my mind,I like beer! But looked around the internet and found you! So here it goes

When researching several homebrew topics (mostly equipment and builds) I came across several threads through Google searches.

Back