How did you find us?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's probably true. Not many beers are sweet enough for my taste.

I think it was late 2011 when I got to try New Belgian's Grand Cru Abbey and with the first sip I realized that there was a flavor in every other beer I had tried till then, that was missing in this one. It really opened my eyes to how limited my palette was and started my quest to try everything I could get my hands on. I couldn't find any examples of a saison locally, so I brewed my own. If it's a style I'm not sure I'll like (or crazy expensive like meads), I might just brew a gallon to check it out. No reason to limit yourself to beers either. There are meads, ciders, rice wines and kombucha out there, just begging to be fermented!

I do love mead and cider, just not beer. The biggest reason for it is the fact I've only ever tasted one beer. I know, shocking, but that one beer was so not to my taste, it put me off trying new ones.

Was looking how to build a wort chiller and wow,, so many great people here willing to share their obsession with brewing. I’ve helped a buddy with two brew days and now I am ready to do my own. Thanks in advance for all the help with this newbie. Cheers

Greetings from Pittsburgh. My search for homebrew recipes brought me here. Have any unique, unusual, or just mighty damn tasty all-grain recipes to share? Drop me a line any time. Cheers.

Howdy Brewers
I've referred to the recipes here a bunch and generally been hanging out reading without being able to post (aka lurking.) Figured it was time to join the conversation. I've been brewing for decades and watched things get better and better in homebrewing/craftbrewing especially in equipment, cleaners and popularity. I'm always down for IPA in all its many varieties. Here's to the hops!
cheers

Hey! Just wandered in via the usual searches for brewing issues: "Why isn't my hurb-gurbler burping" and "How strong is my beer (without hydrometer or OG measurements)"...

Currently brewing my first all-grain, hipster, bearded, IPA...

Might as well make this my first post. I honestly can't remember how I found the website, but if you're researching home brewing eventually you will run into this website like I did. I've lurked for about 2 weeks and I figured it was time to sign up.
For my name, WHEN I move and starting brewing this is the name I want to brand on my Kettles.
Looking forwarding to more posts and learning from everyone on here. The information on here is endless!!

Whenever I would have a question, this site would be listed in the results often.

Welcome! :mug:

Please let us know how you found HomeBrewTalk.com ....

I've been following this link for a long time and just needed to sigh in to ask questions. Ive been home brewing for about 6 years and learning from mistakes as I go. I brewed extracts for my first 4 years, but got tired of all my beers tasting the same. Now i brew both, extract and all grain. This year I decided to ramp up how I brew and have added two pumps and a plate chiller. I eventually want to get away from single infusion.

A local homebrew supply store went out of business, so I decided to buy a grain mill, bulk grains, and bulk hops. I went as far as growing my hops, (Cascade & Centennial), for 3 years.

To be a bit more specific, I would Google something like, "How long should I ferment for?" or "How can you tell when the yeast is done fermenting?" and this website or another would pop up in the first three choices. That's how I got to know the name "Home Brew Forum." I would go, "There that site is again...."

Google searched “homebrew forums” and this place is the first to pop up.

Home brew talk has been one of my go to places when I’m researching recipes or have technical questions about the process or gear. Finally signed up today myself. Awesome site!

Everytime I googled a query this forum usually found its way into the top 3 provided to lend support.
First time homebrewer last week: Belgian Golden Ale.
Figured I might as well join so I can get all my questions answered from people like me and most likely in real time.

Starting doing research through Google on homebrewing. Almost all of the questions I would research had this site somewhere along the way. Figured I would join as I embark on these endeavors. I have a hef nearing the end of fermentation getting ready to bottle. This will be my first brew.

I had come across the website lots of times while researching different topics on brewing and equipment... About a year ago I met the folks in LIBME, a homebrew group in Long Island New York, and found that many of the members often refer to the site and/or app for all the useful info!

Once I stopped having very basic questions, this site had all the answers to my more detailed inquiries. I wanted to be part of a community that has so much good information flowing, and hopefully be able to contribute!

In the middle of fermenting my first batch, a Chinook IPA with A Northern Brewers starter set. Was looking around the internet about dry hopping and a thread from here popped up. This seems like the place I need to be. I have a ton of questions, and I'm starting to think that there are endless possibilities beyond pre-assembled kits. Looking forward to learning.

I'm the kind of person who reads everything they can get their hands on before attempting something new.

I ran into threads from here so many times while "loading" knowledge before my first Brew that I simply had to join.

Latest posts

Back