Horror WIN Thread (Netflix streaming)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Valhalla Rising, I don't know if it qualifies as horror, still very good.

Did you guys see that there's a sequel to The Thing coming out next month? I'm psyched to see it although I'm also scared that it's going to ruin my favorite scifi horror flick.

Did you guys see that there's a sequel to The Thing coming out next month? I'm psyched to see it although I'm also scared that it's going to ruin my favorite scifi horror flick.

It's a prequel and covers what happens at the Norwegian camp. The previews make it look like it focuses on scares more than suspense but we will see how it is. I, like you, hope it does justice.

I knew it was a prequel but I never get used to saying that. It's a movie that followed the previous movie... paying no attention to the chronology of the plot ;-)

It's hard to know how the trailer compares to the pacing of the full movie but even the original (not the original black and white one) did pull a bunch of scares.

Has Thankskilling been suggested yet?

Pretty Horribly awesome. Right up there with JESUS CHRIST VAMPIRE HUNTER.

Prequel eh? So none of the same cast..(except maybe the dog?;))

Valhalla Rising, I don't know if it qualifies as horror, still very good.

Looked intrigueing, thanks for the recommendation.

Don't think it was horror but it was pretty gruesome, I'm still not sure if I liked it or not. Bleak is definitely the word for it.

I LOVED Valhalla rising.

BLEAK???????

If you mean the gorgeously BLEAK cinematography, GET OVER IT!!!!

I love a Flashy "HellBoy" HOLLYWOOD Action fest as much as you, but to not be able to appreciate the realisticly AWESOME hatred bent character in this bleak world, all I can say is SORRY!

This movie was an EPIC study in non hollywood mimialism that still HITS YOU IN THE GUT!!

If you hated it, you are still my brother (or sister) in our love of good horror, but I consider this a MUST SEE,

Thanks TX

The DESCENT 2

Anyone see it? I loved the first one, hot chicks in a dark, gritty, gory, somewhat realistic, cave horror survival story of betrayal and spelunking.(;))

It is just the kind of great movie that spawns a crappy sequel.

I am s-s-s-s-s-s-scared!!!!;)

I LOVED Valhalla rising.

BLEAK???????

I love a Flashy "HellBoy" HOLLYWOOD Action fest as much as you, but to not be able to appreciate the realisticly AWESOME hatred bent character in this bleak world, all I can say is SORRY!

This movie was an EPIC study in non hollywood mimialism that still HITS YOU IN THE GUT!!

If you hated it, you are still my brother (or sister) in our love of good horror, but I consider this a MUST SEE,

Thanks TX

can you say CAPS LOCK!

The DESCENT 2

Anyone see it? I loved the first one, hot chicks in a dark, gritty, gory, somewhat realistic, cave horror survival story of betrayal and spelunking.(;))

It is just the kind of great movie that spawns a crappy sequel.

I am s-s-s-s-s-s-scared!!!!;)

I really enjoyed the first one.

I LOVED Valhalla rising.

BLEAK???????

Thanks TX

I'm glad you liked it.

The score also lent quite well to the feeling of isolation and bewilderment. It was really a good movie.

:mug: indeed, the score was so apt, and the movie so stirring, you almost didn't notice the fantastic score. You'll like it AZscoob.

I LOVE YOU PHILLIP MORRIS
.....in the spirit of TX's non horror recommendation that is nonetheless SCARY.......(SORRY NSFW)
When Jim Carrey says "I'm gonna cum!!" and the camera pans back to see him riding a dude who cries out "Do it man! Cum in my A$$!!" I was a little scared.;)

Pretty good and funny flick nonetheless, lol.

Little Shop of Horrors, despite having the name "horror" in the title, is probably not. But despite also being a musical, it persists in being an enjoyable and freaking hilarious movie.

I'm glad you liked it.

The score also lent quite well to the feeling of isolation and bewilderment. It was really a good movie.

it dragged a bit in the middle, and the type of non-action buildup made it unsuitable for a saturday night type of flick. i watched it a while ago with a buddy and neither of us were sure if we liked it or not.

Also unsuitable for SWMBO in most cases.

SPOILER: When he slit that guy and pulled his guts out??????DAMN!!!!!

Notice that he was the bad guy from Casin Royale? I guess something is wrong with his eye.

Well after watching Hobo with a Shotgun I went into a classic Film Noir "The Woman in the Window". Much better for the ladies and a great example of the genre. I'm always impressed with the decor and attire of the era. The wealthy always sent the family to the Hamptons for the dog days of NY summer. The men stayed behind for work and had some fun sans the SWMBOs of the day.

cheezydemon3 said:
Dale and tucker vs evil.....awesome in a seam o t dead way.

I have been eyeing dale and tucker for a few weeks...ill check it out soon now Haha.

And just to add a second vote, thankskilling was pure horribly awesome. I just happened to see it yesterday.

Rubber gets a +1 too. Its not for everyone though.

Pontypool was an amazing psychological low budget horror. Nice twist on the zombie genre

Hatchet was fun to watch. Insidious actually made me jump, and Zombie Apocalypse 2012 has some the worst CGI gore i've ever seen.

"Jenifer" got a little tedious, and the end was somewhat predictable, but it was twistedly HOT "how did god get that head on that body???"

I thought "Meh, pretty OK" at the time, but I haven't stopped thinking about it since.

Definitely disturbing.

It's one of my favorites.

"Hey College kids!"

"When you see a college girl prancin' around in front of you half naked, you do not call out my name!"

"Oh hidy ho officer, we've had a doozy of a day. There we were minding our own business, just doing chores around the house, when kids started killing themselves all over my property."

Dale and tucker vs evil.....awesome in a sean o t dead way.

Very much so... and it had Wash.

Hatchet was fun to watch. Insidious actually made me jump, and Zombie Apocalypse 2012 has some the worst CGI gore i've ever seen.

Hatchet was fun. Hatchet 2 came out not to long ago. Waiting on Netflix to get it.

UNFORTUNATELY...

as I looked to update "THE LIST" many titles have fallen off. Makes you wonder why "cat girls in heat" comes off, but thankskilling is 4 years or so and running.

WHY GOD???!??!?!?! WHY??????????

Rubber was...uhm...interesting. It seemed to constantly wink at the "observer" only to confuse and delight

Just found this thread tonight, so much WIN. sorry to see i missed teenage cat girls in heat LOL

Rubber was...uhm...interesting. It seemed to constantly wink at the "observer" only to confuse and delight

I keep looking at it in my queue and thinking "Is tonight the night?".

I missed cat girls too......

I thought it would always be there......*sniff sniff*

I get enraged when that happens, or when they add stuff to the new section I've had in my queue for a year. I could slap them. Slap them all.

Last edited:
Hobo with a shotgun had one of the best finishing lines ever! Also, stabbing someone with your ulna is new one for me.

Hobo with a shotgun had one of the best finishing lines ever! Also, stabbing someone with your ulna is new one for me.

HAHA!!!!!! Too Awesome. Pure awesomeness in its most basic form.

Rubber RULES TX!!!!!!!!

"Why can't we see the air all around us? NO REASON. Why do some people like sausages, and some people hate sausages? NO REASON.

This movie is packed with NO REASON"

HAHA!!!!!! Too Awesome. Pure awesomeness in its most basic form.

Rubber RULES TX!!!!!!!!

"Why can't we see the air all around us? NO REASON. Why do some people like sausages, and some people hate sausages? NO REASON.

This movie is packed with NO REASON"

I'll check it out.

Saw Pontypool.

Was not a fan.

Dead Girl was a great humorless take on zombie lore, and young male sexual frustration (a monster in itself;))

WELL WORTH WATCHING!

THE SHRINE was an interesting take on a cursed area which caused some people *SPOILER* to become demonically posessed. Could have been a sequel to THE EXORCIST but don't let that spoil it.

Worth seeing.

Dead Girl was a great humorless take on zombie lore, and young male sexual frustration (a monster in itself;))

WELL WORTH WATCHING!

We diverge here.

I watched it. Horrible.

I found no redeeming qualities to it. At all.

Devil's Playground was alright though.

Zombies, British, no real story line, zombie free running.

It was alright.

Back