Horror WIN Thread (Netflix streaming)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is DEVIL streaming??? Awesome if so.

TANGLED from Disney was somewhat frightening.;)

(My kids liked it anyways)

LO

Incredibly low budget, but AWESOMELY creative and witty. (I am going to start categorizing and rating these things at some point)

Has anyone mentioned The House of The Devil yet?

also there are about a million episodes of MST3K streaming.

Watched Shadow a few days ago. Pretty good horror movie.

Also, if it's streaming, Haute Tension is a good French horror flick.

I saw that someone mentioned Frontier(s), is that streaming?

I'm surprised Human Centipede isn't on the list. Saw that streaming about a month ago. Although it was a dumb movie. The premise was good but not worthy of 92 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/movie?v=SbYu_R0HrH4&ob=av1n&feature=mv_sr

Bloody Mallory

A broad, a mute telepathic girl, and a blue haired transvestite fight vampires. Depending on your point of view this is either a win or a fail.

Directed by Julien Magnat, Bloody Mary is a piece of French kitsch chronicling the journey of Bloody Mallory (Olivia Bonamy), the paranormal commando hired to rescue the pope from the band of ghouls who kidnapped him during a visit to Notre Dame. The issue is complicated when the Vatican's publicist is revealed as a frontman for the forces of evil. Mallory is no one to be trifled with, however--she hacked her own husband into pieces on their wedding night when he turned out to be a demon. Along with her crew, which includes a shape-shifting mute little girl with telepathic powers, and a 7-foot French-American drag queen (Jeffrey Ribier), Mallory has no qualms about fighitng evil.

i just checked through my watch it again list and found a few that we missed:

Dead Alive-total classic.
Nightwatch-not very horror-y, but a great foreign flick with horror aspects.
Jekyll-british tv series about guess who.
Redneck zombies-the name says it all.

Please, it was a new take (and a good one at that) on the vampire genre.

if you want an interesting take on vampires, watch perfect creature (sorry guys, not streaming). daybreakers was an ok movie, i just wouldn't have paid to see it in the theater.

i just checked through my watch it again list and found a few that we missed:

Dead Alive-total classic.
Nightwatch-not very horror-y, but a great foreign flick with horror aspects.
Jekyll-british tv series about guess who.
Redneck zombies-the name says it all.

Dead Alive is only one of the best EVER!!!!!!! MUST SEE.

Didn't realize it was streaming!!

Good finds my friend!

The Horde
Primal
Trick R Treat(?)
tokyo gore police
zombie strippers
Killer Klowns from outerspace
Teenage cat girls
Life Force
The Thing
They Live
Let me in (Let the right one in also available with subs)
From Dusk til Dawn
Dead Snow
Dagon
Sex Galaxy(?)
Audition
Martyrs
Inside
REC (1 and 2)
relic of cthulu
Mouth of Madness
Dead and Breakfast
Dead and Deader
Sub'd
Hobo with a Shotgun
The House of The Devil
LO
Shadow
Human Centipede
Bloody Mallory
Dead Alive
Nightwatch
Jekyll-(british tv series)
Redneck zombies
Daybreakers
RUBBER

saw someone ask earlier if trick r treat was streaming, it was about two months ago. great horror anthology in the vein of creepshow

Daybreakers was an original Vampire movie, when I thought there could be no more vampire originality.

"Let me in" was a great take, and so was this. Loved it.

MONSTERS -wow, a different take on super special effect monster movies.

(It tries to have a real plot!!!)

In fact, it is much more plot than monster effects. Worth seeing, but the end will leave you dissatisfied.

Not sure if it's available streaming but check out Stake Land - think Vampire Apocalypse instead of zombie or nuclear apocalypse.

Kind of bleak like The Road but pretty good.

Not sure if it's available streaming but check out Stake Land - think Vampire Apocalypse instead of zombie or nuclear apocalypse.

I'll try to check, but daybreakers was an interesting take on vampire films, where humans were the minority.

MONSTERS -wow, a different take on super special effect monster movies.

(It tries to have a real plot!!!)

In fact, it is much more plot than monster effects. Worth seeing, but the end will leave you dissatisfied.

Monsters was cool but definitely not a horror movie. It was a drama with the backdrop that included lovecraftian monsters. I really liked it but my wife was bored with it. It was made for next to nothing and ended up being one of the best films of 2010 (or was it 2009?)

I liked it, could have benefited from a better title.

Gotta bump RUBBER

Fascinating, ridiculous, funny, awesome.

SPOILER:

really, don't read unless you need extra convincing....;)

This horror movie rolls along with a random crowd out in the desert, who watch everything unfold with binoculars......

The "company" putting on this bizarre bloody story try to kill all the watchers with a poisoned turkey........

All but 1 grizzled old vietnam vet succumb to the poisoned turkey meat.

In a second attempt, the flunkey who runs as an assistant to the mastermind takes out a cart of delicious looking food to the starving vet to try and poison him......

The flunkey, who seems intelligent, ends up spilling stories of his troubled youth to the vet, all the while snacking on what he knows to be poisoned food.

The flunky ends up writhing in agony as he dies, all the while cursing the vet, "This food was supposed to be for you!"

Awesomely wierd.

All the while, the animated tire continues to pile up grizzled body parts.

i got twenty minutes in before i lost interest. i'll give it another go when i'm in a rainy saturday afternoon kinda mood.

It starts slow. Give it a second try!

I can't stop thinking about the bizarre funny moments. If you don't dig nonsensical humor, then I guess leave it alone.

Probably the worst movie I have ever seen is also one of the best. It's unfortunately not available on Netflix, and the only place I can seem to find it is on Comcast On Demand under Free Movies every once in a while. It's called Vampire on Bikini Beach and is UNREAL. It's horrible in the best way possible. I laughed until I cried.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0177329/

Back