Holy Carp! It actually looks like stout!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dorklord

Reaction score
100_1271-1.jpg

That'd be the bottle on the left.

I'm encouraging it to finish carbing up before I give it a real review, but it doesn't seem to have any weird flavors.

I'm not sure I'm properly qualified to evaluate a stout, however...

First of all, I apologize for posting something on-topic ;)

I would submit that you are ALWAYS qualified to evaluate your own beer. After all who's gonna drink it?

Whoah! That last post came at this from a completely different angler!

Fish.

What recipe was this? I'm curious as to how you toasted the grains. I attempted to make a GF stout for my 2nd beer ever (it's the GF recipe I have on here, before there was anything else), toasted 2lbs of grains pretty dark, and it was even a 2.5gal batch. It wasn't even amber in color, hah. I have no idea how it ended up being so light. Still ended up tasting alright.

Guys, I think we can all agree that this thread has been seriously de-whaled. Perhaps we should concentrate less on creating a steady stream of conch-iousness fish talk, and more on netting a solution for stout.

Then again, maybe knot...

passedpawn said:
Stouts are fun to make, especially clones. You can tuna recipe and make a Flounders Breakfast stout. Mmmm.

Nice job! I've been trying to work tuna in all day somehow.

Back