Help me with variety

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hifidelity

Reaction score
I've got a new kegerator on the way and need some help deciding on a style of beer to go with the others I will have on tap. It's a 3 tap and I've already got two batches fermenting so I need help selecting a third.

Kegerator 1:
1. Yuengling
2. Double IPA (Pliny clone)

Kegerator 2:
1. Pils/Simcoe SMaSH
2. Wheat Saison
3. ???

I'm thinking something with light or medium body and on the malty side since I've got my hop/fruit bases covered already, and I don't want to keg anything that would benefit from age (so no barleywine or RIS).

I'm considering a brown ale or maybe a dark mild- both styles my girlfriend and I enjoy. What would you brew to round out your selection?

what about a red ale? Brown would be cool too. You could even do a coconut brown for the summer time.

I'd go with something darker, since what you've got is all pretty light. Like others have said, a nice English Brown, a Brown Porter or a small stout would be a nice compliment to the lineup.

How about a California Common? There are a lot of good Anchor Steam clones out there to make the recipe formulation easy.

Id go for a schwartzbier, they are dark, but still light enough for summer (assuming northern hemisphere) evening drinking. Or a belgian pale ale/dekonnick clone.

Latest posts

Back