Hello

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickh42

Reaction score
I have been brewing beer at home in the UK for years. Mostly from kits but sometimes making my own wart, (not often cuz it stinks).
A pleasure to meet you all.

LOL, did it just smell bad, or taste bad? ;)

if you're trying to make good beer there's plenty of people that can help you, just not me.

Welcome! :mug:

(but if you're trying to pinch pennies, or pence. i'm your man! :D)

Last edited:
LOL, did it just smell bad, or taste bad? ;)

if you're trying to make good beer there's plenty of people that can help you, just not me.

Welcome! :mug:

(but if you're trying to pinch pennies, or pence. i'm your man! :D)
On the contrary man. Making my own wort has produced my best beer. It's just easier and more consistant using kits. Currently I am regularly making Bulldog's Bad Cat and my old favourite Festival's Old Suffolk. A proper old English beer. Neither are cheap to buy, around £25+ for 40 pints but they are both firm favourites with my mates as well as myself.
Always open to more info and tips though.
Cheers and thank you.
Nick

Glad you could join us! I'm just starting to explore English ales myself. Curious what constitutes a proper English beer. I'm brewing an English Bitter this weekend. I don't believe I've ever had one before, but the recipe sounded good.

Glad you could join us! I'm just starting to explore English ales myself. Curious what constitutes a proper English beer. I'm brewing an English Bitter this weekend. I don't believe I've ever had one before, but the recipe sounded good.
Hello. I hope you are not disappointed. Basically you drink ale flat and warm. Because its not chilled it allows more flavour to come through. You can get some huge variations in taste. Coffee, toffee, malty, from sweet to very bitter to name but a few.

Thanks, but I definitely won't be disappointed. I'll be drinking my English Bitter lightly carbonated and will be serving it cold. I'll let it rise in temperature as I drink it to see if it tastes any better.

I've always know that colder beer will mask flavor, but I still prefer beer cold. Not ice cold, but served around 40 degrees. Thanks and welcome to the forum.

Latest posts

Back