Hello from Michigan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
capcrnch said:
Not that its "close" to you, but if you're ever in the area, check out Hopman's in Waterford. Rick is a kick ass guy with a pretty good selection that will be even better in a week as he moves 2 doors down, into his bigger store!

hum maybe nextime i go to the palace I can swing by (is that an excuse to buy piston tickets, I think it is)

justinmcdevitt said:
honesly I would take ceder point over oktoberfest in AA but I'm still young ;) and live close enough to go to AA on saterday too

Yeah, I've never been there and they're only open on their fall hours now so it's Friday night, and Saturday night we're going to a wedding. Too bad AB's Oktoberfest starts at 5pm. :(

Will have to check out the shop in Dundee, that's only 20 minutes away. :rockin:

FireBrewer said:
Yeah, I've never been there and they're only open on their fall hours now so it's Friday night, and Saturday night we're going to a wedding. Too bad AB's Oktoberfest starts at 5pm. :(

Will have to check out the shop in Dundee, that's only 20 minutes away. :rockin:

I have been there a bit to much :) only about an hour and a half away :). the fall isn't a bad time to go, fridays just have the main rides open, but it has other things setup like haunted houses and such, it is worth going to, and then you will know if you want to come up during the summer to go. have fun and check their web site the past few years they have ran buy one get one cupons for friday night, I couldn't find em 2 weeks ago (not sure if they are going to do them this year) but it wouldn't hurt to look

justinmcdevitt said:
check their web site the past few years they have ran buy one get one cupons for friday night, I couldn't find em 2 weeks ago (not sure if they are going to do them this year) but it wouldn't hurt to look

Thanks for the tip! :mug:

I'm in the Grand Rapids Area myself, Have a friend that lives in A2 so i'm familiar with Arbor brewing, mean sampler they have there, good price and they put everything on it!

as for local breweries in michigan that i've been too, I'd have to say i'm a founders fan (http://www.foundersbrewing.com/home.php). Last weekend I was out at the New Holland brewery to check out their autumn fest and was very pleased as well, but Founders experiments alot more if you visit their ale house.

Who else is in the GR area and brewing?

Dycokac said:
I'm in the Grand Rapids Area myself, Have a friend that lives in A2 so i'm familiar with Arbor brewing, mean sampler they have there, good price and they put everything on it!

as for local breweries in michigan that i've been too, I'd have to say i'm a founders fan (http://www.foundersbrewing.com/home.php). Last weekend I was out at the New Holland brewery to check out their autumn fest and was very pleased as well, but Founders experiments alot more if you visit their ale house.

Who else is in the GR area and brewing?

You know I need to make it out your way I have heard founders is good, though I have also heard other wise (then I asked well what do you normaly drink, she responded Bud Lite, I said sorry I wont ask your opion on beer any more)
though she does go to grand valley, so I might have to visit and make her go back to founders

usless fact that I just noticed I think as of right now this is the longest forum in Introductions :) (and yes I just wanted to add one more post to my thread)
:)

justinmcdevitt said:
You know I need to make it out your way I have heard founders is good, though I have also heard other wise (then I asked well what do you normaly drink, she responded Bud Lite, I said sorry I wont ask your opion on beer any more)
though she does go to grand valley, so I might have to visit and make her go back to founders

well, she has not had Reubaus (spelling) or the blushing monk then. I don't know a woman in Grand Rapids that wouldn't like those 2. One's a raspberry beer(8.5% ABV), the other is a raspberry flavored double belgian(10% ABV)...

Founders is a hop haven, very bold flavors and lots of variety when the taps are full :)

The best thing is the culture there, it's not bar like at all, mostly people go for the beer.

Dycokac said:
well, she has not had Reubaus (spelling) or the blushing monk then. I don't know a woman in Grand Rapids that wouldn't like those 2. One's a raspberry beer(8.5% ABV), the other is a raspberry flavored double belgian(10% ABV)...

Founders is a hop haven, very bold flavors and lots of variety when the taps are full :)

The best thing is the culture there, it's not bar like at all, mostly people go for the beer.

hum 10% you say ;) maybe i do need to have her try a few, wait thats wrong, ok i'm over it :)

I remember those for when i come over, if she wont drink em I know I will.

I like the places whee people go to enjoy the beer/food

heck when my friends and i where 19 I was the guy in canada saying hey lets go to the pub, its quiter half price for boose, and better selection (plus the drunk girls go there after they have had enough of the club, much easier to pick em up with out the dancing)

justinmcdevitt said:
hum 10% you say ;) maybe i do need to have her try a few, wait thats wrong, ok i'm over it :)

I remember those for when i come over, if she wont drink em I know I will.

I like the places whee people go to enjoy the beer/food

heck when my friends and i where 19 I was the guy in canada saying hey lets go to the pub, its quiter half price for boose, and better selection (plus the drunk girls go there after they have had enough of the club, much easier to pick em up with out the dancing)

its like 6 buck a glass and get the small but at that ABV you don't need but a couple anyway :)

not to bad of a price considering
1 it supports a michigan company
2 still cheaper than drinking in royle oak at a "fancy" bar
3 if it is good beer, then it is a good price

Back