Hello, everyone I'm Tom

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OSMATOM

Reaction score
I started last year just by chance via a Christmas gift I gave my wife. Now I have 3-6 gallons of wine brewing in the basement and trying to make mead. Found this site and have enjoyed reading the different recipes.:mug:

Welcome. What wines are you fermenting? I started as a beer homebrewer and have now included wine and cider fermentation. I haven't found a commercial example of a mead that I like well enough to try my hand at that yet, so I'll have to leave that to you. I have to say that wine (at least from the kits I've used) is a lot easier and less time consuming than beer brewing, but I'd still recommend that you try beer brewing, too, someday. It's very rewarding and you get to try your handiwork sooner than waiting for wine to age!

Enjoy!

welcome and warning: I started with wine, then moved to beer. Made some cider. At the very bottom you find meat smoking and cheese making, yep, tried some of that too. It's a bit out of control now.

My kind of people :tank:

Zinfandel red and white, Johannesburg Riesling - from grape juice. Just made a jalapeno mead 1 gal and a multi-berry (strawberry, cranberry, black berry blueberry) mead 5 gal. looking to make the lemon mead next. :D

Back