HBT Fantasy Football 2015, League #2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's very gracious of you, but I'm not ruling this one out. You have no idea how unlucky I am. He'll get two targets, catch both, one will be a TD and you'll win by .1

You almost predicted this perfectly minus the touchdown. I'm still in shock. Great game man!

If he did, I was right from the start saying this thing was probably rigged. Commissioner always wins. Boo I say. BOO!

I'm up for most styles really. Not a huge fan of light lagers but everything else is fair game. From ipa, to sours, to ris.

@finsfan pm me your address and a Chicago beer preference. I was hoping for a stat correction, but alas. Congrats

Haha thanks man. I'm out of the town the rest of the week and only on mobile so will get my address out to everyone when i have time.

Just sent out my address to everyone in a PM. Please let me know if you did not receive this.

Thanks again to everyone here who made this a great season once again. I have enjoyed doing these HBT leagues more than ones I have done in the past and I imagine it will only continue to become more enjoyable in the coming years. I will be in contact with everyone during the summer to see who all wants to continue in the 2016 season. Until then, cheers all! :mug:

Just sent out my address to everyone in a PM. Please let me know if you did not receive this.

Thanks again to everyone here who made this a great season once again. I have enjoyed doing these HBT leagues more than ones I have done in the past and I imagine it will only continue to become more enjoyable in the coming years. I will be in contact with everyone during the summer to see who all wants to continue in the 2016 season. Until then, cheers all! :mug:

I'm in for next year, but would really like the draft to happen after all the ACLs get blown out in training camp and preseason games. :)

I'm in for next year, but would really like the draft to happen after all the ACLs get blown out in training camp and preseason games. :)

I'll talk to Jordy about this. But yes, we can have a later draft date for this reason. Maybe the day or two before the season starts.

You are also agreeing to send the winner of this league beer. We will keep this the same as last year and only require to send a bomber (or 22oz) of quality commercial craft beer. Of course, extras and home brews are always welcome. The winner of the league will be responsible for getting their shipping information out to the other 15 of us.

You must send beer to the winner to be able to join in next year. If you do fail to send a small congratulatory box of beer to the winner, you will not be able to participate in this league in 2016.
Quoting what we all agreed to when the league started. For reference. ;)

Quoting what we all agreed to when the league started. For reference. ;)

Thank you good sir haha.

Any thoughts of who wins today? I obviously gotta go with the home team in KC and taking the Bengals over Pitt (dont tell bigperm).

We're all shopping for your beer!

I'm waiting on a different leagues winner to let me know his address so I can ship yours at the same time. Any ca beers you want me to find for you in particular?

We're all shopping for your beer!

I'm waiting on a different leagues winner to let me know his address so I can ship yours at the same time. Any ca beers you want me to find for you in particular?

Not a problem! I was just looking for others to talk football with. The Obnoxious football thread is fun, but like the title, is pretty obnoxious haha. I dont know how easy it is to get, but I've never had Pizza Port. Anything would be great though. Cheers!

Not a problem! I was just looking for others to talk football with. The Obnoxious football thread is fun, but like the title, is pretty obnoxious haha. I dont know how easy it is to get, but I've never had Pizza Port. Anything would be great though. Cheers!

They're a little ways from me, but I think they are starting to get distributed more in ca. Sf beer week is coming up so I'll check up there for you. I have had their kook and swami. I really like the kook!

They're a little ways from me, but I think they are starting to get distributed more in ca. Sf beer week is coming up so I'll check up there for you. I have had their kook and swami. I really like the kook!

Either way works for me! That was just one off the top of my head

Either way works for me! That was just one off the top of my head

If you have an open spot next year, maybe I can get on the "wait?" list and see how it fits in. I like the winner's take, great idea! Being a fins fan myself, and having won my FF league this year we got that in common already and should produce a well deserving bump for me there! :)

If you have an open spot next year, maybe I can get on the "wait?" list and see how it fits in. I like the winner's take, great idea! Being a fins fan myself, and having won my FF league this year we got that in common already and should produce a well deserving bump for me there! :)

Always good to have more fans around! Just stayed tuned to this thread and I will be announcing when we open it back up after offering to all those who participated this year. Should be right around the start of the summer. Cheers!

Sounds good, will do. Yeah long, suffering fins fan... Gase? Another coach with no HC experience, but heard good things. I remain blindly optimistic. Another QB whisperer, so we should know in a yr or two if Tannehill can improve and actually start making the playoffs!

Sounds good, will do. Yeah long, suffering fins fan... Gase? Another coach with no HC experience, but heard good things. I remain blindly optimistic. Another QB whisperer, so we should know in a yr or two if Tannehill can improve and actually start making the playoffs!

Well, something definitely turned Cutler around this year.

Yeah..... IDK how to feel about that yet. I think its a culture thing surrounding the organization more than anything. They had a lot of talent this year and failed to make anything of it.

Well, something definitely turned Cutler around this year.

Exactly why I am concerned still haha.

Wait, I was thinking this was sarcasm...

Gase is awesome, I'm sorry to see him go but he really deserves a head coaching job. If he was able to get Cutler in line Tannehill will be a walk in the park

Gase is awesome, I'm sorry to see him go but he really deserves a head coaching job. If he was able to get Cutler in line Tannehill will be a walk in the park

I hope you are right about that. Something needs to change, pretty dramatically.

The Bears really are not a very talented team. We have some very key building blocks on offense and defense, but we had a lot of very young players starting (Amos and Goldman for two), and we had some very key injuries on offense (Forte, Jeffery, M. Bennett, and Grasu (our Center)). We also moved our pro-bowl RT to RG, where he struggled to adapt in his first year (he did make the move after only, like, a week of practice at the spot). That does not spell "talent."

Despite all of this, Cutler posted his best year at QB, setting his season high QB rate (92.3) with an excellent TD:INT ratio of 21:11. I agree that a lot of that success was about culture and expectations, but Gase was a key part of that and those changes obviously worked.

The Bears really are not a very talented team. We have some very key building blocks on offense and defense, but we had a lot of very young players starting (Amos and Goldman for two), and we had some very key injuries on offense (Forte, Jeffery, M. Bennett, and Grasu (our Center)). We also moved our pro-bowl RT to RG, where he struggled to adapt in his first year (he did make the move after only, like, a week of practice at the spot). That does not spell "talent."

Despite all of this, Cutler posted his best year at QB, setting his season high QB rate (92.3) with an excellent TD:INT ratio of 21:11. I agree that a lot of that success was about culture and expectations, but Gase was a key part of that and those changes obviously worked.

Thanks for the pep talk! I continue to remain optimistic but again a HC with no NFL HC experience? The push Shula out the door curse remains. I hope Gase is the answer and is around for 10+ years

Thanks for the pep talk! I continue to remain optimistic but again a HC with no NFL HC experience? The push Shula out the door curse remains. I hope Gase is the answer and is around for 10+ years

The guys has been a successful OC in multiple clubs and under one of the best HCs in the business (John Fox). He was a top contender for several top jobs last year, didn't get one, but was right back into top consideration this year. The guy is a serious contender with a history of success. I'd be happy if he were our HC. I'm glad to have Fox, but seriously.

Now, as deserving as I think he his, lets not pretend there's a chance the **** show in Miami doesn't screw it up.

I do hope he does well, like I said though I think there is a cultural lack of effort down in South Beach.

Back