HBT and Large Pictures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lschiavo

This space for rent.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have noticed for a while when I am in a thread with large pictures posted that all the posts stretch horizontally to match the size of the picture. I have to use the scroll bar at the bottom to move back and forth to read all the text.

It is probably just a simple setting but I am not sure where to start. Any advice? I am using Internet Explorer.

It happens in firefox as well. I make it a habit if I'm posting a picture that I shot or manipulated in photoshop to make sure they're set like 400X500 pixels. If it's a picture I am hotlinking to from the web I ALWAYS go back and look at the effect it has on the forum, if it's too big I go back and search for an identical pic of a smaller size, or run it through photoshop if I can to resize it.

Personally I think it's bad forum etiquette to just post oversized pics and leave them. It makes the whole thread unreadible.

I have posted in some threads asking for the poster to please re-size the pics, most folks do it. It kinda pisses me off that there is a great thread about historical porters that the guy from Shut up about Barkley Perkins just left with an oversized pic in it. He never came back to correct it.

Latest posts

Back