Having trouble driving participation in home brew club outside of Facebook.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piratefan

Olde Bastard Brewing
Reaction score
We have a relatively new home brew club in Raleigh with a lot of activity on the Facebook group. And we have a great core of about 7 people who come to all the meetings and help plan. Outside of that, though, I am having trouble turning that Facebook activity into real world action.

What are your strategies for driving participation in your club?

You have answered your own question. Somewhat. Liking something on fb requires no effort. People sit on their rumps and click a button. Get all 7 members motivated to bring one new potential member. Get the new people to bring a friend. Use fb for communication and sharing info. Use your people to get more people. Good luck !

Try to get tied in with your local homebrew store. We have a club banner on his wall and literature with a club application by the counter. They sell to the local homebrewers and can mention your club as a source of information and camaraderie about brewing.

Send me a message on Facebook so I can help push it.

I think the way to weed out casual tourists is to make the club official, collect dues (even a small amount), and meet in person regularly. Make the facebook group closed and only allow for dues paying members. Maybe you're stuck with 7 people that really want to be in a club but it's a lot easier to coordinate without the noise of the well intentioned anti socials.

I like your club, but I haven't been to a meeting. I like that you have free and paid members. In fact, I considered trying for a seat but I'm u sure if I can commit to the time. I like that you encourage new Brewers and best of all, o think the class you're going to host will be great. At least I think that's your club hosting that beginning class.

Remember that people all have different stuff going on. I am the same way in my club but lately I'm only active on facebook because I work 2nd shift and its impossible for me to be free on a Tuesday night. My club has a monthly meeting during the week, and a social night out at a brewery once a month as well. This would be a good idea for you especially if people can't come during the week. Get involved with local competitions and brew shops.

What's wrong with the name of the club?

for one, it's not speelt "Klubb". B. too much FB time associated with it and not enough actual participation. and article 3.456.723niner: when Klubb is involved in a club it becomes an active Klubb. sorry, y'all. that's just what Klubb does. y'all been Klubbed.

Back