"Hallo" from The Netherlands

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nerro

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

My name is Tom, I'm from the Netherlands in Europe. I stumbled upon this forum whilst scouring the net for information on brewing. I work in a liquor store and I guess all the talk of alcohol is starting to have an effect on me :p

I've started out by making mead using crappy honey, Kitzinger's port yeast and tap water. I got hooked and now I'm making Diabolo beer and Gingermead in my 5L and 10L carboys. The mead came out pretty reasonably despite a generous amount of maltreatment on my part. Im my newbish excitement I couldn't keep my hands off it :)

I'm really a noob but I'm willing to learn. I have a bit of a background in the chemistry involved as I'm a BSc in chemistry (still studying for MSc and PhD). I've had extensive courses on biochemistry which are of course important in brewing.

Any questions? Bring 'm on!

Cheers,

Tom
:mug:

It is, it's really helped me over that hurdle-like feeling one might get when you see all the theory that goes with brewing.

That, and it's just like lab work, only now I can safely consume my product. (Although I have made aspirin on occasion jsut to take home :p)

Back