Hello from the Craft Beer Capital of the World

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDBob

Reaction score
Hello from San Diego!

I'm a complete noob that's been scouring the net for anything "home brew" for a few weeks now like a kid searching for Easter eggs.

I've been tasked with (volunteered) to build a brew stand for my daughter and myself to brew with, and to say it's turned into an obsession could be the biggest understatement in the history of man-kind. It didn't take long for me to figure out that:

1 - Combining 4 ingredients to make beer is WAY more interesting than I'd thought it'd be.
2 - I should have taken chemistry in high school, or for that matter nuclear physics, as new words like alpha amylase are coming in waves and overloading my few remaining healthy synapses.
3 - My goal of building "the perfect" system the first time is as realistic as a flat earth.

The good news is my daughter knows beer. Like she REALLY knows beer, but doesn't know which way to turn a screwdriver. And I can build things. Kind of.

So hello, and thanks for the knowledge you all freely share. Wish me luck. :mug:

Back