Greetings from Washington (PNW)!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILovePils

Reaction score
Good morning/afternoon/evening, everyone!

I'm Jansen and I'm in Tacoma. Just bought a house almost a year ago and have been slowly getting my basement ready for making home brew!

I started on Mr. Beer kits about 2 years ago and I still use it from time to time. Every Christmas yields at least 6 refills that I can then tinker with and not really care if it doesn't turn out because it was free and gets to feed my creativity and add to the things that I'll not be doing with HME in the future; it's for science!

My fiancee bought me a 5 gallon BSG Lager kit to make and I've been a little intimidated by it since it uses actual dried ingredients instead of HME so it'll be a first for me regarding anything that doesn't just sit in one container for a couple weeks to a month.

I have been on a buying binge and picked up 4 glass Italian made carboys, two 5 gallon and two 6 gallon vessels and now my fiancee wants to try her hand at wine making and I couldn't be more thrilled. I also hit up my local BevMo! and got their definitive store manager word on empty kegs: "We sell them for a $45 deposit,". Sold. I bought a 15.5 gal empty keg that I'm going to convert to a brew kettle. Eventually I want to move to all-grain brewing!

Hello again and cheers!
Jansen:fro:

Awesome! I am in Hilltop, I'd be honored to check out your keg setup!

Thanks for the community info, I'll have to check it out!

Latest posts

Back