Goose Island 312 Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
indianaroller posted this awhile back in response to a 2 week grain to glass question. Haven't tried it myself though it looks promising from what I read in other peoples attempts to clone. maybe PM him and see how his results were.

"90% pale 2-row
10% torrified wheat

1/2oz cascade @ 15 minutes
1/2oz cascade @ 0 minutes

Shoot for 20-23 ibu's and no more than 5% abv. Use white labs 007 and O2 if you have it. FYI, 312 goes from grain to bottle in 9 days."

The IBU's are wrong, you'd have to add more to bring it up that much. I think in the post he mentioned that later on. If you do brew it, or find a better one let me know as I myself just had a 312 this weekend and would love to try to clone it. :rockin:

The IBUs are wrong, or the amount of hops in the recipe don't get you that many IBUs? I'm thinking what you mean is I should add more hops than what is stated to get to 20-24, but I'm also drinking, so my thinking is cloudy....

Thanks.

Sorry, I was unclear as it was from memory. I believe the recipe doesn't equate to the right level of ibus he listed. You'd have to add more hops to the recipe.

Planning on brewing this tomorrow for a party in about 4 weeks. Anything special I need to know? Never used torrified wheat, but I'm assuming there is nothing out of the ordinary there.

What about mash temp and schedule? I'm pretty new, so I'm probably just going to shoot for 150-152 for an hour. Single infusion. Nothing special.

Let me know if I'm wandering down the wrong path. Thanks.

Just dont forget the rice hulls so u dont get a clogged sparge. My first batch didnt turn out so great someone said the liberty could of gave it the over bitter taste. I fermented for 2 weeks and conditioned for 4 weeks.. Hope my next batch turns out better . Think i am going to try same again just tweek recipe....

Thanks, but I did PM BIAB. Replaced 5lbs of 2row with 3lbs of extra light DME. Hit the targets, looks good. Initial fermentation took off maybe 18-24 hours after pitching (got it down to about 62f). Held at 62 the first few days, but now I'm letting it slowly rise. It's up to 65-66 now. Thanks again for the info.

Thanks, but I did PM BIAB. Replaced 5lbs of 2row with 3lbs of extra light DME. Hit the targets, looks good. Initial fermentation took off maybe 18-24 hours after pitching (got it down to about 62f). Held at 62 the first few days, but now I'm letting it slowly rise. It's up to 65-66 now. Thanks again for the info.

I am looking to do a BIAB. How did your brew turn out? Can you post the recipe?

Ha. I was just browsing through HBT and thought "hey, a 312 recipe question...mine turned out well, I should share it". Give me a minute, I'll post it. I don't know how exact it is (never tried to determine if it was identical through taste tests or anything, but it was good.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

3lbs lightest DME you can find (I used golden light from Briess, I think) all added at flameout to keep it light.
2.5lbs 2-row
0.75lbs torrified wheat
0.25lbs crystal 40

1oz @ 60
0.5oz each @ 15 and flameout (all cascade)

Mashed at 150.

Wyeast 1010 with a starter per yeastcalc.com.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391739068.035210.jpg

Back