Getting c02 at correct pressure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idrinkstuffnthings

Reaction score
Hey guys/girls. Have had a keg setup for a couple months now. I seem to be missing something as I can't seem to get my pressure where I want it. Set at 10psi and a day later it's too high, set lower and it's too low etc. is there a good way to set regulator and know its at the right psi. I am now trying this method. Close valve on output of regulator. Open tank, then open reg until it hits 10psi. In theory I would think against a closed valve this 10 psi should be the final pressure once the keg is equalized? Any tips on how to get the pressure right would be appreciated. I have opened the output and its reading about 7 psi. So hopefully it ends up at 10 in a few days

If the keg is already at a higher pressure/carb level than the pressure you set, it will slowly rise to an equilibrium. As you serve, or otherwise release pressure, it will eventually drop to your set pressure.

It might just be your regulator itself. When I purchased a kegerator it came with a regulator that was a POS. I bought a new one and it stays within 1 PSI of whatever I set it at. You may want to invest in a new one, but that may not be the answer either.

Ya could be the regulator. But I was thinking since when the output is closed it seems to stay at the right
Pressure. Only changes when it's hooked to a keg. Might be something about the time it takes to equalize or something?

The more I look at other threads the more I'm thinking I've gotta bad regulator. Most people seem to set it at desired psi with kegs attached. And that's it. Doesn't drop right away or anything. Just set it and all good.

Latest posts

Back