French door refrigerator kegerator project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's left are drip trays, and some method/system to control all the hoses/tubing inside. My one big planning error was to fail to note the level of the top of 5 gal ball lock kegs as they would sit in the fridge, and then set the level of the tap hole high enough to have good clearance for the shanks (& attached liquid out hoses) above the keg tops. As it is, the shank ends clear by less than an inch so I have to be careful to set the kegs & hoses just so when closing the doors.
When I win the lottery I'd love to buy new shorter shanks (still trying to remember why I thought 4" shanks were necessary in the first place), which will alleviate 99% of that issue & most of the time I'll be running a mix of 5 & 3 gallon kegs so with the 3s in front all will be well.
Any thoughts/suggestions about how to control the hoses? I'm thinking some sort of wrap or loop that attaches to the fridge ceiling or high on each door side? Maybe a zip tie sort of system or something like the cable controllers they sell for computer cabling? It needs to keep the hoses up, but let them move some for door opening/closing. And how to attach whatever it is going to be is still to be figured out.

Any thoughts/suggestions about how to control the hoses? I'm thinking some sort of wrap or loop that attaches to the fridge ceiling or high on each door side? Maybe a zip tie sort of system or something like the cable controllers they sell for computer cabling? It needs to keep the hoses up, but let them move some for door opening/closing. And how to attach whatever it is going to be is still to be figured out.

Nice build. Our setups are completely different, but these adhesive cord clips from HD work well for me. Before them I struggled getting the door closed. Also drilled two small holes in the butter tray for a zip tie to help control the lines in the door.

2015-08-29 09.57.34.jpg

2015-08-29 09.57.05.jpg

2015-08-29 09.55.33.jpg

Sweet setup. Thanks for the suggestion. I like the look of the integrated drip tray. I had thought I didn't want mine that way, so the taps are not spaced to fit a tray like that.

you can get the trays that don't have predrilled holes, drill your own holes, and it should work out.

as fridge fate has it, i think a counter depth French door is the direction I’m’ headed for my new build. Sure, this thread is 8 years old, but did it get finished? Looks fantastic, but wondering about the drip tray. I’m working with a Frigidaire gallery that is having a struggling freezer, needs a new gasket, and is getting replaced with a Labor Day sale unit…but we’re new to this home, and i really want to repurpose it as the kegerator build. my left door actually has the controls in the inner edge, is it safe to assume the wires are mounted along the door perimeter, and no risk drilling shank holes in these doors?

Latest posts

Back