freestanding FastFerment mount

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LesFCHB

Reaction score
Built a stand for the FastFerment vessel, about $12 with leveling feet. The wine cellar stays around 50-55 degrees in winter but I'd like to find a way to control temp with some kind of wrap the rest of the year. Any ideas?

IMG_1066.jpg

Built a stand for the FastFerment vessel, about $12 with leveling feet. The wine cellar stays around 50-55 degrees in winter but I'd like to find a way to control temp with some kind of wrap the rest of the year. Any ideas?

How did it work? Thanks John

Works fine to hold the fermenter. I don't have a pump so I ladle the wort in with a large measuring cup, at least till I can lift the bucket to empty the rest in. I keg so it makes it quite easy after secondary. Still playing with the process to find the best practices that work with the fermenter; trub and the collection balls, dry hopping with/without a hop bag, etc. Of course I remain meticulous about sanitization.

What are the lengths of legs and braces?
Thanks John

The entire height is 64". Horizontal feet are 30" with 18" toward the front under the hanging fermenter and the rest behind to prevent tipping backward. Angle braces are about 34" in length.
You gotta understand I did it all on the fly. I knew the height I needed to fill the keg and the width was a given as per the wall mount brackets. All braces were just screwed on then trimmed with the circa saw.
Material was 2x4s and 1x4s. Very low tech but tried to keep everything square and plumb.
Les

Les.
All same as I planned except a little taller. Thanks for your time, John

Your welcome. Seeing your signature, I wonder how many of us retired folk make up home brewers? I'll start a new thread.
Les

Nice! Well beyond my woodworking skills. Do I also see a FastFerment stand from wood?

Back