Found beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tripeldad

Reaction score
So i was cleaning out my basement a week ago and found my carboy full of beer. its been in that carboy for at least a year and a half. I used a recipe from the dogfish head brewery called cranberry braggot. it has a very high alcohol content about 12.5%. It has been setting on the yeast for all that time but i did taste it and it tastes very good. Finally my question. I want to bottle it but do I need to repitch some yeast? the liquid in the bubbler had evaporated (vodka) so i refilled it. Its not bubbling but i didnt expect it to. Im not sure if i just put primer sugar in it that it will carbonate. Suggestions?

I would personally add some more yeast, due to the high alcohol content and the time it has been sitting. Good luck man sounds awesome!

Prime as usual (maybe less for a beer that strong) and then add a few drops of yeast to each bottle before filling. I'm guessing you will be fine.

With that ABV level, and increased acidity from the cranberries I'd use wine yeast for bottling. Rehydrate some and add it to the bottling bucket with your priming sugar.

Back