FOTHB IV: Trying to Catch Me Brewin' Dirty

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This sounds good.
I want in but...
- I have iTrades on here
- I don’t have caps or a capper; I’m only a kegger.
- I definitely could have 3 different beer types by the deadline. Maybe 4.

...but, but...
- I’ve got street cred all over the place.
- I could remedy this with a 4 pack of Grolsch bottles or buy a capper.
- I can drink more faster to get more variety through my 2 tsp kegerator.

@jerbrew

Crap. Offers are due in 8 days. Methinks I better start getting some beers in kegs to make sure they're all worthy of being shared.

If I did that, I would never post.

Unfortunately, at the moment, I’m looking closer to “out” than “in”. Haven’t brewed since the last FotHB. Too much beer to drink!

I’m on the opposite situation. Since moving to 2.5 and 3 gal kegs, I’m brewing more. So I’m buying less beer.

Last edited:
Sadly, I'm joining PianoMan this round. Today is hopefully going to be my first brew-day since the last FotHB, so I don't have much to offer at the moment. :(
Sorry for starting a trend. I could go on and on but plan to be back by end of summer-ish...

Wife sent me this :(
Left a fook fook ton of headspace ... Apparently not enough
Ughhhhh kind of don't want to go home tomorrow.
IMG_20180422_130415.jpg

Hey guys, I just saw this thread. I'm not sure how I missed it. I doubt I will be able to participate this round, for I have not brewed since January. Work and family life has been crazy, plus the everlasting winter here in NY. I do have two brews planned, I just don't know when I will have time to brew them. With that being said, I will sit back and watch this one from afar, but hope to be able to participate in the next round. By then I should have a couple of brews in the pipeline to share.

I know I am probably a day late and a dollar short here but I would LOVE to get in on this if there is still time. Just moved to a new city and don’t have any beer friends to get feedback from! If not this time I will wait for the next FOTHB. CHEERS!

I know I am probably a day late and a dollar short here but I would LOVE to get in on this if there is still time. Just moved to a new city and don’t have any beer friends to get feedback from! If not this time I will wait for the next FOTHB. CHEERS!

I haven't posted the offers yet. So, send me your offer and I'll put you in. The more the better.

@jerbrew offer

1. Beimuncher’s Centennial Blonde

2. Saison made with lemon and orange zest (light and refreshing)

3. Honey Wheat (a lb of honey malt, Galazy in the boil, and dry hopped with mosaic)

4. Pale Ale (cascade and sterling, simple)

5. West coast IPA (classic. Brewed with CTZ, cascade, centennial, and simcoe)

6. NE ish IPA (Drinks more like a hazy west coast. Good aroma still, lost some juiciness, and a bit too bitter for the style. Next iteration will have softer water and dry hop sooner)

7. Dark saison with sangria and French oak (Carbonated this time, my bad @Dade0)

8. Hibiscus lime cider

9. Perhaps some hot sauce

@Dade0 offer

1. Cream Ale different from fothb 3
2. Wit
3. American Brown
4. NEIPA
5. Surprises

@FunkedOut offer

1. Lucked Out [Irish Red Ale]

ABV = 4.6%

IBU = 23.0

SRM = 11.8

Very light body and taste. Just a hint of roast at the finish. This is the beer that convinced me I will not brew anything under 5% again. Definitely a session beer, perfect for any meal. Get your keg stand on by the dinner table.

2. Czech'd Out [Czech Premium Pale Lager]

ABV = 5.6%

IBU = 31.5

SRM = 4.1

Great tasting Bohemian Pilsner. Clean and crisp with a strong Saaz hop flavor and bitterness. Pizza's best friend.

3. Buttercup [American Porter]

ABV = 6.2%

IBU = 33.0

SRM = 36.0

Rich mouth feel with a hint of chocolate and peanut butter. Just a touch of sweetness, but still at home behind a burger.

4. Chela [International Pale Lager]

ABV = 5.5%

IBU = 25.0

SRM = 4.0

A light and refreshing Mexican Lager. Yellow, fizzy and enough to make you dizzy. Hard tacos or soft?

@TwistedGray offer

In no particular order:

1. Blood Orange & Fig Saison - The blood orange only slightly comes through, and you really get no fig from it. It's a buttery smooth Saison though, so whatever. ABV is around 5%.

2. Guava Mango Gose - This one can be perceived as a smiggin' over salted on the gose side, and the sour is light. It's a good refreshing brew, drink ice cold! ABV is light, 2-3% range. Texture should be lightly creamy from the guava.

3. Blackberry Citra IPA - The hops have been toned down a ways. It was dry hopped on Citra whole hops and homegrown blackberries. The color is amazing, the berry flavor shines without overpowering, and the bitterness is low. It's a good sunny day beer! ABV is just shy of 5%...call it 4% to be safe.

4. Cider Stout - An experimental brew, to say the least, that I made back in 2016. It's finally drinkable now, but it's ... well, you'll have to let me know what you think. ABV has to be upwards of 10% or higher.

5. 12 Month Sour - A traditional sour that started its life as a blonde and went through various levels of change. Parts of her were in a barrel, other parts in homegrown raspberries, and other parts with pluots. In the end they all went back together in the same vessel and continued to hang out. This was bottled back in February, and I think (guessing a bit here) the carbonation is perfect. You won't want to sit on this much longer because I really don't know how carb'd it is. With that said, tastes fooking great!! What's an ABV?

6. Hibiscus IPA - This is a bitter old biotch of a beer! Buttload of hop varieties followed by a hefty amount of Citra whole hops and mild amounts of hibiscus. Color is great, hibiscus is lacking, but quite good ... if you're into bitter IPAs. ABV is around 4%.

7. Rooibos Pale Ale - If you like Rooibos tea you'll enjoy this beer immensely. If you don't, pawn it off on someone else. It's quite unique! ABV is roughly 5%.

@Scturo offer

1. Belgian Dark Strong Ale (12oz) - 8.5% 4 months old

2. Blueberry Sour (12oz) - 6% 6 months old

3. Apricot/Mango/Blueberry Cider(14oz) - 5% 2 months old

4. Maple Bourbon Fidy Imperial Stout (12oz) - 11% 9 months old

5. Habanero NEIPA (12oz) - 6% Bottled 4/21

@imasickboy offer

One of all the following:

1. Midas Touch clone - Taken directly from the recipe provided by Sam Calagione. Pale malt, clover honey, Muscat grape juice, saffron, Trappist yeast. 9.4%

2. Fat Bastard Scottish Ale - Beefy Wee Heavy, oak aged. 8.1%

3. Crandaddy Braggot - Another recipe from Sam Calagione. Pale malt, orange blossom honey, cranberries. 9.5%

4. Fall Down Ale 011 - 11th annual American Barleywine, oak aged. 12.1%

5. English Brown Ale - It's brown, and English. Kept on tap as much as possible here at home. Keeps me from having bad mornings. 4%

6. Sourdough Rye Brown Ale - The above brown ale recipe, with rye malt added. Blended with some soured wort, and toasted caraway seeds added. 4.6%

7. Homemade Kahlua - Aged five years. 20%

8. imasickboy's special blend hot sauce - Homegrown, non-hot habaneros blended with regular habaneros to make a tolerable sauce with all the hab flavor.

9. imasickboy's special blend hot sauce, smoked version - Same as above, but peppers were hickory smoked.

10. Spicy brown mustard - Like Gulden's, only better.

Note that there will not be any extras, this is the complete box.

@fourfarthing offer

1. Robust Porter

2. Old Ale

3. Brett IPA

4. Saison

If I can figure out my new beergun

5. Green Dragon IPA (or four hearted, it’s a DDH two hearted clone)

6. Helles/Czech Pils hybrid lager

@JDXX18721

1. Fruitcake Old Ale

2. Wee Heavy

3. Chocolate Porter

4. Brown Ale

5. Bourbon Chocolate Cream Stout

@TBC offer

1. Two-Hearted Clone, all centennial hops.

2. NEIPA, version 3 added lactose, FWH-Cascade, whirlpool-Citra & Mosaic, dryhopped with Citra & Mosaic. Fermented with Imperial Yeast-Juice

3. Cider, local cider from a farm, fermented with white labs 616 vault release. Funky Cider Blend. Light dry hop with Mosaic 1oz.

4. 1 bottle cherry wine. This was a kit not from all fruit.

@Mike_Newman offer

1. Citranade IPA - American IPA
2. Irish Jade - Irish Red Ale
3. SorachiDrop - Belgian Saison
4. Dubbel Down - Belgian Dubbel

So I accidentally posted a whole slew of things to @mike_newman in our conversation, sorry bud. I'll just copy them over here.

So how's this work exactly?

Is this a draft pick type of deal, one brew per round?
Or are we picking a participants entire offering, one round and done?

upload_2018-4-26_16-34-13.jpeg

I will add three bottles of hot sauce to my offer if you want them. Bulgarian Carrot Pepper, Limon pepper and Habanero. These are from last years harvest and are fermented sauces, nothing but peppers, water and salt. Absolutely Delicious!!

upload_2018-4-26_16-40-44.jpeg

Actually I am going to make it four bottles of hot sauce, adding red habanero. One bottle for each of my little pepper buddies up there, color matching too!!

Actually I am going to make it four bottles of hot sauce, adding red habanero. One bottle for each of my little pepper buddies up there, color matching too!!
And now is when I wish I had something to offer in this round. :(

The offers this round look fantastic - I need to get brewing so I can be back for round V!

This is all I've got, haven't brewed in months. I m going to be brewing soon but it will be a while until I have enough beer to swap. (I am sitting on 4 gallons of RIS though) What I do have is a lot of hot sauce. (Maybe 2 gallons) :yes:

Back