First Infected fermentation...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtwhite2

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Never had an infected beer in the past 5 years. Just opened my fermenter on a heavily dry hopped IPA and this is what I saw. Any ideas? I will also say this the first beer that I have re-used a yeast from a prior beer.

Thanks for any help

image-763556519.jpg

Looks kind of suspicious. But its pretty hard to tell from the pic. Is the gravity still changing? How does it taste/smell?

The fermentation is completely done. It was brewed on the 14th of July. It was at 67 for 2 weeks fermenting and then dry hopped. The temp has been decreased by 3 degrees every 12 hours until down to 34. It tastes absolutely fine at this point. I have always had some yeast residue on my conicals but never white spots.

Here are some more pictures from a real camera. The white spots are on the side of the conical.

IMG_6695.jpg

IMG_6696.jpg

If it tastes fine I wouldn't worry about it. Probably something from the hop variety you used for the dry hopping...

Back