Fellowship of the Drink XIV: Shipping with the Enemy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once I meet the requirements I definitely want to join you guys in trading! I live outside of Orlando Florida so I have access to all the Florida beers and east coast stuff, and of course am a homebrewer. Also, I will include homebrewed samples when I have them! I've only been a member for a month on here and I will check out the itrade account thing to see how that works.

Once I meet the requirements I definitely want to join you guys in trading! I live outside of Orlando Florida so I have access to all the Florida beers and east coast stuff, and of course am a homebrewer. Also, I will include homebrewed samples when I have them! I've only been a member for a month on here and I will check out the itrade account thing to see how that works.

Bizarre as it shows you joined in 2011? Am I crazy?

FISHHHHHH

HAHA! He's referring to the packing and shipping skills. I need to put together a 120min YouTube video on packing someday.
I hear you on that but I don't mind sending a test model! You can message me with your method. I recently moved to Orlando and brought my glass Homebrew carboys with me I basically wrapped them in bubble wrap tape it up then put cardboard dividers between them. Also, I'm totally in for trading it's where I come from what I read I guess I need to put together 6 beers and a glass or some sort of accessory from a local Brewery

I hear you on that but I don't mind sending a test model! You can message me with your method. I recently moved to Orlando and brought my glass Homebrew carboys with me I basically wrapped them in bubble wrap tape it up then put cardboard dividers between them. Also, I'm totally in for trading it's where I come from what I read I guess I need to put together 6 beers and a glass or some sort of accessory from a local Brewery
Vacuum pack, bubble wrap each item, place a strip of cardboard between items, layer with cardboard to create a new "floor", and wrap entire contents with a heavy duty garbage bag (that would be 1st step actually).

If you go through one or two of the previous rounds and go through every page you get a general idea of what the offers are and what has been delivered.

Vacuum pack, bubble wrap each item, place a strip of cardboard between items, layer with cardboard to create a new "floor", and wrap entire contents with a heavy duty garbage bag (that would be 1st step actually).

Also it doesn't hurt to put the beers in a ziplock bag. Usually one or two beers per ziplock bag.

I'm thinking about putting down a layer of two of bubble wrap, loosely placing beers in the box, and going ham with a can of triple expanding foam...
That may be a cheap way that works well LOL! Also, from what I've seen in previous post, I need to gather 4 to 6 different style beers from your area and local Brewery accessory like a glass, etc? That's what I plan to put together

That may be a cheap way that works well LOL! Also, from what I've seen in previous post, I need to gather 4 to 6 different style beers from your area and local Brewery accessory like a glass, etc? That's what I plan to put together
I was joking! I do that from time to time. Cans would be tricky to open with a box cutter! Your offer picture should only be 3-6 cans/bottles, but you can ship whatever you want. Pianoman holds the record for weight shipped (52lbs!) I sent 13ish beers out last round. You're only limited to your imagination and budget.

Pretty much - the idea being that you are shipping a "flight" of beers that someone could only get locally. Some ship duplicates so that you try the same beer more than once, and some do not. It's quite a mix.

The most important thing is to not ship someone a beer that is distributed throughout the US, but you would ship them something that is only distributed through Florida or not at all, for example.

I will also add, insure your packages. If your package is not delivered (say it gets crushed or say it gets confiscated because they found beer) you are expected to ship another package. File the claim in the meanwhile and get the money from whoever you shipped with.

Back