Fellowship of the Drink XII: The Bad News Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Side trade in and got me some @jimyson coffee :)

IMG_4038.jpg

Thanks for the extras @TheDudeLebowski! We're excited about the real maple syrup.View attachment 575228
Awesome! Couldn't wait for you to get the trade and see what you thought. Once I saw where u live I figured the real syrup is expensive. It was so expensive for a while that people were high jacking the trucks up here.

Figured I'd throw in Lunch too. It use to be one of my favorite IPAs before they changed their recipe. Still very good. Lunch is grapefruit where Dinner is orange. Enjoy!

My offer to @jimyson finally shipped today. Broke the glass while packing it at work yesterday, so I still owe him that part.

Actually, I probably owe him more. I've traded with him before, and he sent me a box specifically suited to me tastes. It was so incredibly right, that further down the road I asked him to send me a similar box for a tasting I was having. He came through in a big way. I reciprocated with some of Vermont's finest, but I still think he deserves more beer.

Plotting an additional box for him...

austinpowersdrevil.jpg

My offer to @jimyson finally shipped today. Broke the glass while packing it at work yesterday, so I still owe him that part.

Actually, I probably owe him more. I've traded with him before, and he sent me a box specifically suited to me tastes. It was so incredibly right, that further down the road I asked him to send me a similar box for a tasting I was having. He came through in a big way. I reciprocated with some of Vermont's finest, but I still think he deserves more beer.

Plotting an additional box for him...

View attachment 575242

I think everyone should send me a box.

IMG_0812.jpg

Awesome! Couldn't wait for you to get the trade and see what you thought. Once I saw where u live I figured the real syrup is expensive. It was so expensive for a while that people were high jacking the trucks up here.

Figured I'd throw in Lunch too. It use to be one of my favorite IPAs before they changed their recipe. Still very good. Lunch is grapefruit where Dinner is orange. Enjoy!
Wife was wide eyed and said that exact thing about how expensive it is here. I, on the other hand, am currently thinking about an Imperial Stout recipe I can add it to..

Dinner did not disappoint!! Thank you!!

Wife was wide eyed and said that exact thing about how expensive it is here. I, on the other hand, am currently thinking about an Imperial Stout recipe I can add it to..

A lot of fake syrup is being substituted up here. I was up in Vermont having breakfast and the waitress asked me if I wanted maple syrup or "real" syrup. Got all hard ass/jokingly and asked wtf is "real" syrup? Real turned out to be the good stuff just that it was hard to come by. I think they charged extra for it too. Sacrilegious!!! :)

As much as I have tried, the maple never comes through...

I, on the other hand, am currently thinking about an Imperial Stout recipe I can add it to..
Not recommended. Highly fermentable, which leaves you no flavor left behind. Save that stuff for your plate.

Sausage and waffles. Pour liberally over both.

Mmmmmm sausage with maple syrup. Mmmmmm [emoji260]
I agree. Meant for breakfast :)

I have a couple of four packs left of this collab between Lawson's Finest and Otter. The guy from Otter is now at Hill Farmstead. Just discovered along with syrup they used maple wood.

There were a couple of YouTube's where they alluded to the difficulty of getting the maple flavor and aging correct. It did change alot over the years but the last time I tasted it was really good. Just took time

IMG_20180615_214635.jpeg

Last edited:
Back