Fellowship of the Drink XII: The Bad News Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s the old-school way to get free postage, right? Just drop an envelope with the same to and from address with no stamps and let the system sort it out!

Probably work out pretty well for the boxes too... [emoji848]

It’s at least a good way to bill the recipient. I owe a couple packages and may need to try this out.

Two bombs just filled up the fridge to the point my wife is giving me dirty looks, lol!

First one from @Boomer with that Hydra surprise!...forgot to include the homemade salsa in the photo too.

IMG_0756.jpg

Second one a side trade from @TheDudeLebowski. I’ve got dinner for days!

IMG_0755.jpg

Thanks guys! I’ve got some crazy good options for 4th of July! Cheers!

By the way, what I meant by to/from the same address was that you actually PAY for the shipping label, but instead of your address you would put the same address (recipient name as well) on both the to/from fields.

Theoretically this would indicate that you, the recipient actually, bought something while traveling and is shipping it home to themselves. MAYBE that would make them to be more lenient, "Oh, Billy was just sending himself some beer that he got when on vacation, so no biggy."

Also, you find that sometimes Fedex will crack open a beer box and instead of smashing it to bits they'll return to sender. I had this happen once. The theory here is that you would have a better chance of the recipient getting the beer regardless.

Just a thought...not even sure if the Fedex software will allow this, but surely you could do it in store?

By the way, what I meant by to/from the same address was that you actually PAY for the shipping label, but instead of your address you would put the same address (recipient name as well) on both the to/from fields.

Theoretically this would indicate that you, the recipient actually, bought something while traveling and is shipping it home to themselves. MAYBE that would make them to be more lenient, "Oh, Billy was just sending himself some beer that he got when on vacation, so no biggy."

Also, you find that sometimes Fedex will crack open a beer box and instead of smashing it to bits they'll return to sender. I had this happen once. The theory here is that you would have a better chance of the recipient getting the beer regardless.

Just a thought...not even sure if the Fedex software will allow this, but surely you could do it in store?

Ive sent a label to people to ship me bourbon and put my details in both sender and recipient. That was done from my FedEx account. I’m unsure of the impact if I were to do the same with someone else’s details. I may try it with your label later later this week. It should still bill my account, but your details are in both fields.

Ive sent a label to people to ship me bourbon and put my details in both sender and recipient. That was done from my FedEx account. I’m unsure of the impact if I were to do the same with someone else’s details. I may try it with your label later later this week. It should still bill my account, but your details are in both fields.

That is my thought as well.

IT will bill the senders account because in the top right it says bill to: senders account

It will always bill to sender regardless of what’s in the fields. Only way to change that is add a new full account number to bill too. So, no worries there.

Get some son. Also, I have boycotted trading, but how would you like to trade?
Not really into trading...too expensive. But need to try my new carrier..UPS. So trading is in again. Retirement savings is for losers anyway. You want to wait till the next FotD and do it all at once?

Got mine from @jerbrew today. I can't wait to tear into that Pure Project. That crowler can is sweet looking too. Thanks a lot my man.

On my way to leave feedback right now.

Attachments

• 20180705_202324.jpg
    20180705_202324.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 80
Man, at first I thought it was a weird quirk on those other cans, but this is really seeming like a real QC issue for ASB. I know a lot of breweries are doing the “drink it fresh” thing, sometimes to hide issues. I know even HenHouse did that due to DO in the canning line they were using. They’ve since upgraded to their own system, so hopefully shelf life will improve. Never had exploding cans from them, though.

They are simply canning before letting fermentation complete which I don't quite understand how they can get away with that. I know I cannot be the only one that doesn't sit on stuff, and I know my garage is not THAT hot. Their cans are the only ones that I have ever had explode.

"Keep cold" doesn't absolve them of wrongdoing. "Warning: Keep cold because unfermented sugars inside may cause bursting, which may result in injury" does absolve them of wrongdoing.

They're a bunch of amateurs there, IMO.

Latest posts

Back