Fellowship of the Drink VIII: The Battle of the Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has always intrigued me, but I've never traded with anyone on here before. Probably pass, plus I don't have an iTrade score, but I'll look you up once I do!

Nope, I sure haven't, but I'm pretty sure I know how to buy, box up, and ship beer :)

I'll sit out this round anyways, even if I were to be granted in, just so I know what I'm getting into.

Don't be afraid, we don't bite and your also in Iowa and I enjoy Toppling Goliath beers. I say break your cherry!

Hmmm......as long as you guys are comfortable with me never having done this before. I'm certainly not going to say I'm participating, and then not send out the goods afterwards, but I'll let you guys decide if I'm worthy or not!

If anyone is worried whoever gets his pick we can just have a condition he has to send tracking information before his pick drops off and the recipient needs to confirm.

@jimyson makes a good stout, eh? Very chocolatey and lightly carb'd. I am pretty sure I can use this as synthetic motor oil in my Subaru.

20170726_160741.jpg

@jimyson makes a good stout, eh? Very chocolatey and lightly carb'd. I am pretty sure I can use this as synthetic motor oil in my Subaru.

Wait, it had carbonation?! Haha. That was a keg hanging out in the corner of the basement that I had no idea of the carb level and needed the keg so bottled it. I would like it a bit more carbonated.

You are correct though, it's super thick.

Ok, thanks guys! Now, I'll have to remember to keep checking this thread and find some random beers, and glassware, to throw in my giveaway box!

So I had the offer put aside a few weeks back, and uh... neglected to mention it to a certain someone I live with. So yeah, time to find more beer!

Lol, I keep all my trades in the garage. That doesn't really help because I'll dig through it each day and pull something unless I know we're opening a bottle of wine for dinner.

Anyways, I have some beer that I buy just for trades, and then I have beer that I buy for trades that never lasts long enough to trade :tank:

So, when we get our beer box all nice and ready, do we post it here or send it to the guy who started the thread?

@TwistedGray is correct. Send the pic and details to me via IM and I will post all offerings at once.

“So how does it work?

1. If you're interested in participating, let us know in this thread.

2. Once you're confirmed as a participant, PM me a photo of your offering along with a link to something like beer advocate/ratebeer/untappd for each beer so that others can get an idea what they are.

3. A few days before the drawing I will post a full list of all the offerings and photos.

4. On the day before the pick I'll use a randomizer to create a drawing order. I will post a time for each participant that you are "On the Clock" with 5min between participants.

5. If you are not going to be around for the pick send me a pick list order so that I can put your pick in for you.

6. On pick day show up at your time slot to submit your pick. If you sent me a pick list I'll cover you. If you fail to send a list or show up you go to the end of the line. “

@TwistedGray is correct. Send the pic and details to me via IM and I will post all offerings at once.

“So how does it work?

1. If you're interested in participating, let us know in this thread.

2. Once you're confirmed as a participant, PM me a photo of your offering along with a link to something like beer advocate/ratebeer/untappd for each beer so that others can get an idea what they are.

3. A few days before the drawing I will post a full list of all the offerings and photos.

4. On the day before the pick I'll use a randomizer to create a drawing order. I will post a time for each participant that you are "On the Clock" with 5min between participants.

5. If you are not going to be around for the pick send me a pick list order so that I can put your pick in for you.

6. On pick day show up at your time slot to submit your pick. If you sent me a pick list I'll cover you. If you fail to send a list or show up you go to the end of the line. “

7. Once someone picks you (as in, you need to ship to them) they generally will PM you their address information. You need to do the same proactively for whoever's offer you pick.

^ Should be self explanatory, but added this part for ****s and giggles.

Also, what has happened in the past is that people forget to submit a pick list, their 5 minutes elapses, and then are bumped down in the pecking order until they show up.

So if you know you could possibly NOT be around or miss the picks make sure to send your pick list else you might fall down in the line. Just a friendly FYI.

What did you think?

I've had Jackie O's from you in the past, and I like them a lot. I like all the sessions you sent (as in like them from the label). This was the first one that I have popped open as I've mainly been drinking all my homebrew to determine what to ship and what to ... ship for the HB trade.

Needless to say another Jackie O is in the fridge, and I'll promptly get to that tomorrow :)

Back