Fellowship of the Drink V: The Fellowship Drinks Bock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shipped to jerbrew today, and a side trade I had with afro_lou also shipped today.

And my FotD VI offer has been submitted. ;)

I've been to USPS, FedEx, and UPS. Everyone is refusing to ship it for me. How are you guys shipping?

I use FEDEX. If anyone asks, I tell them it's homemade "craft" soy sauce. When they ask about that, I say "I don't know. It's my wife's hobby." Vacuum sealed. Bubble wrapped. Never another question. Lol!

Honestly, it works every time :mug:

I just print the labels at home and drop them off. Zero conversation beyond "have a nice day"

Oof. My FedEx Office refuses to accept packages until they have a conversation with you about how they really should be the ones packing it, and how they won't accept it unless them open it and inspect everything.

Then again, this is the same FedEx Office that refused to package my Zymatic because there were only women on shift that night, and "we make the men do all the packing because otherwise we could get hurt". Not kidding - direct quote.

Ouch. That's super lame! My drop off location always try to upsell the packing service, I just tell them that I've got tons of packing material at home already. No real questions beyond that. I'd be very wary if they ask you to open an already packed and sealed box... pretty sure that's against, at the very least, company policy...
Still, doesn't help much when you're standing at the counter!

I've been to USPS, FedEx, and UPS. Everyone is refusing to ship it for me. How are you guys shipping?

I just print the labels at home and drop them off. Zero conversation beyond "have a nice day"

This is exactly how I do it. I even turn down the receipt. Never a problem. But I always drop off at an actual FedEx location and not a third party mailbox location.

I'd be willing to bet its usually the shipping center type of locations that insist on packaging it themselves, since the materials is where the bulk of profit is for them.

This is exactly how I do it. I even turn down the receipt. Never a problem. But I always drop off at an actual FedEx location and not a third party mailbox location.

I'd be willing to bet its usually the shipping center type of locations that insist on packaging it themselves, since the materials is where the bulk of profit is for them.

See I have a third party shipping company right up the street and I always go there with a well packed box already sealed. They've asked me before and I tell him directly - I'm shipping beer. First few times he basically said huh that's cool. Did you pack it well? You know if I don't mark it signature required you could risk losing it? Ok cool.

Next visit, after label is printed - oh you're shipping beer? You're supposed to tell me that. I know you're in here all the time shipping beer anyway and I should have known anyway. Oh well. You usually pack it well.

Now I'll walk in and be greeted with - shipping more beer? Where to this time?

I overpay on shipping honestly but he's a good guy and I like supporting local businesses.

Mine shipped out today too, no questions at all....of course I printed out "fragile, contains glass" labels and taped them all over it.

It's probably just paranoia, but I never put any markings on the box that might single it out. Whenever I've shipped in a box with fragile stickers on it they always ask me what's in it. I just pack the hell out of it and send it on it's way.

It's probably just paranoia, but I never put any markings on the box that might single it out. Whenever I've shipped in a box with fragile stickers on it they always ask me what's in it. I just pack the hell out of it and send it on it's way.

Our UPS driver at work advises us never to use fragile labels because it is an invitation for an employee having a bad day to be a prick
He also swears at us if we leave too much for his afternoon pickup :)

The young lady at the FEDEX counter asked me on a previous shipment if my box contained glass because "fedex is know to be rough sometimes", when I told her yes on that box, she told me to but the fragile stickers on, so now I just find a fragile clipart on the old innerwebs, and tape them to it, and it has worked like a champ. SHOULD anyone ask "whats in it" my reply is always the same....."It's really none of your business, but it contains a rare glass artifact that can only be found in specific locations along the pacific north west coast"

and he does a great job at it!! cali to pa with no breaks or problems at all:rockin:

Our UPS driver at work advises us never to use fragile labels because it is an invitation for an employee having a bad day to be a prick

He also swears at us if we leave too much for his afternoon pickup :)

Exactly!!! That's what I always run into around here. Plus, I just imagine Ace Ventura with my beer box... [emoji33]
Also, this: http://www.cracked.com/personal-exp...ges-get-destroyed-learned-working-at-ups.html
(Skip to #4 for the payoff)

The young lady at the FEDEX counter asked me on a previous shipment if my box contained glass because "fedex is know to be rough sometimes", when I told her yes on that box, she told me to but the fragile stickers on, so now I just find a fragile clipart on the old innerwebs, and tape them to it, and it has worked like a champ. SHOULD anyone ask "whats in it" my reply is always the same....."It's really none of your business, but it contains a rare glass artifact that can only be found in specific locations along the pacific north west coast"

Good response! My thought process is always, "don't give them an excuse to look at it any closer than it has to be!" Also, see above linked article. [emoji6]

and he does a great job at it!! cali to pa with no breaks or problems at all:rockin:

[emoji16] :ban:

If any of you guys know Badgerfan and can get a hold of him, please ask him to contact me. I sent him my phone number in a pm on Monday. According to UPS and Google maps, the address he gave me doesn't exist.
Thanks.

The only time I don't get mad when someone beats on my door!!! :mug:

Mmmmm.... dat Solera...

20170419_154708.jpg

Received!!!! And amazed!!! So many beers I have wanted to try. Super pumped to get home from work tonight!!!View attachment 397249View attachment 397250

2 pics to capture all of them!

Mine is getting shipped out today. All packed up

And just further proof that although I was at the rear of the pack I got a one of my first choices

ohhh that third coast! :mug:

Mine went out to redtab78 today. I'm always so nervous that something is going to get broken. No worries afro_lou, I can wait... maybe...? :D

View attachment 397328
I have been bombed! Thanks so much Bryan! That second yellow rose made my week. I had promised swmbo the one I knew about for her backpack at dark lord. The one on ice right now is all mine!

Lone Pint stepped up their distribution game. Seeing fresh bottles pretty consistent these days, at least here in Austin.

Back