Fellowship of the Drink Trading Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You told him his post count was high enough to join but his word wasnt good enough to accept. Faith is harder than skepticism, but alot more rewarding. Someone trying to steal a bomber from someone surely would have quit a long time ago

You told him his post count was high enough to join but his word wasnt good enough to accept. Faith is harder than skepticism, but alot more rewarding. Someone trying to steal a bomber from someone surely would have quit a long time ago

No offense at all. But I've been part of many online games and free offering threads like this one. They usually run well where people are often genrerous, and it's a lot of fun. But sometimes people come in and try to take advantage of the situation, and other people's generosity. They end up ruining it for everyone.

Not saying you are one of those people, just saying that it wouldn't hurt to sit this one out, and participate in the forum. I don't think these offers should be open to anyone who can create an account. Tho only way to have any idea about trusting each other is through interaction on the boards.

No offense at all. But I've been part of many online games and free offering threads like this one. They usually run well where people are often genrerous, and it's a lot of fun. But sometimes people come in and try to take advantage of the situation, and other people's generosity. They end up ruining it for everyone.

Not saying you are one of those people, just saying that it wouldn't hurt to sit this one out, and participate in the forum. I don't think these offers should be open to anyone who can create an account. Tho only way to have any idea about trusting each other is through interaction on the boards.

I couldn't have said it better, stick around see the outcomes and wait til the next! There will definitely be a next :)

@Scturo how many offers is that in total?

We are up to 10 offers, 11 if aeviaanah is still in! :mug:

What if everyday i maxed out my post count with threads that contain only the letter A. Eventually i would have enough posts that you would trust someone that was smarter than the system. Assuming you have nothing better to do than to peruse through every one of my posts.

The you'd probably be booted for spamming. Seriously though, just participate in the forum. Share some knowledge!

Most other MAW/Beer it Forward threads have a minimum post count rule, might not be a bad idea to implement that here.

Anyway, if aeviaanah really dropped out, I'd be happy to fill that slot!

The you'd probably be booted for spamming. Seriously though, just participate in the forum. Share some knowledge!

Most other MAW/Beer it Forward threads have a minimum post count rule, might not be a bad idea to implement that here.

Anyway, if aeviaanah really dropped out, I'd be happy to fill that slot!

I generally go by 50 post count minimum, but it's case by case. Like with JDXX1971, he had less than 50 when he signed up, but a quick check of his recent posts showed that he was a HBer who was active in the forum. Again, just trying to avoid any monkey business in the raffle.

PM sent,

Yes I'm out. No hard feelings. My only suggestion is that you post the full rules in the future.

Another offer is in, after rechecking , we are at 10 of 12, with a possible new player joining.

These are quality offers folks!

Here is the updated player list:

1. Scturo
2. b-boy
3. TBC
4. EcuPirate07
5. imasickboy
6. Nickbtag
7. tjosborne
8. nickfern
9. RevKev
10. gromitdj
11. JDXX1971
12. afro_lou

Cool, we already have people looking to join the next one. :)

Ok, There is very little time left until the offers get posted, so I think at this point we are going to officially close out the entry for the raffle.

Almost, we are waiting for the last offers to come in. We should reveal the offers later today. And the raffle will be in Sunday.

Another offer is in

Ok, Great News, all of the offers are officially in! :ban: Give me about an hour to finalize, and will post the offers. Quickly I want to say that the minimum requirment to enter was a beer and a glass, no surprise that people (against my recommendations) to offer up 2, 3, even 4 beers. And even the single beer offers we have, are Top Notch beers.

Here is the Final list of players in the Raffle. Congratulations folks, you are Charter Members of HBT's Fellowship of the Drink. De-coder rings are in the mail, :D

1. Scturo
2. b-boy
3. TBC
4. EcuPirate07
5. imasickboy
6. Nickbtag
7. tjosborne
8. nickfern
9. RevKev
10. gromitdj
11. JDXX1971
12. afro_lou
13. pointcity-homebrew
14. Thorrak
15. Bigfish713

It's gonna take two posts to list all of the offers. Ive alse added beer links at the bottom of each offer pic, in case you want a little more info on each beer. If there are any mistakes in my discriptions, point it out, and I wil fix it. But enough yacking be back in an hour. :)

Awesome! Thanks for all the hard work! I think I speak for everyone in saying we are all really excited to see all the offers. [emoji1][emoji106]

Here are the awesome offers! I was able to fit it on one post. :)

tjosborne's Offer:
Toppling Goiiath's PsuedoSue APA and a Sierra Nevada snifter.

PseudoSue APA

RevKev's Offer:
Resurgence IPA, 12 Gates West Coast IPA, Big Ditch Hayburner IPA, and a Resurgence Brewing 20oz glass.

Resurgence IPA
12 Gates WC IPA
Big Ditch Hayburner

TBC's Offer:
Victory's V-12 Belgian Strong Ale, HB I Must Break You (RIS), and a Pizza Boy Weizen Glass

Victory V-12

EcuPirate07's Offer:
Highland Brewing Cold Mountain Winter Ale, Wicked Weed Juiceless IPA, and a Wicked Weed Snifter

Cold Mountain Winter Ale
Juiceless

Scturo's Offer:
The Bruery's Share This Coffee Imperial Stout, Modern Times' Blazing World IPA, and a Pliny the Younger beer Mug..

Share This Coffee
Blazing World

JDXX1971's Offer:
North Coast's Red Seal Ale (2 Bottles), a North Coast Pint glass, a brewery magnet, postcard, and sticker.

Red Seal Ale

Nickbtag's Offer:
Blue Mountain's Dark Hollow Imperial Stout, Parkway's Raven's Roost Porter, HB Belgian Quad, and a Terrapin pint glass.

Dark Hollow
Raven's Roost Porter

b-boy's Offer:
Ommegang's Game of Thrones #7 - Valar Dohaeris Tripel Ale, and a Punk Bock Pint glass.
"Valar Dohaeris Tripel Ale is the latest beer in the series and pays homage to Arya’s season-long struggles within and around the House of Black and White.

Valar Dohaeris Tripel Ale is, much like a “faceless man,” not what it first appears to be; it shares the complexity of its sister-brew, Valar Morghulis Dubbel, and a strength masked and belied by its lighter color"

Valar Dohaeris #7

nickfern's Offer:
Victory's Old Horizontal '13 Barelywine Ale, Yard's Rival IPA, Kane Head high IPA, and a Flying Fish "What Exit" Snifter.

Old Horizontal
Head High IPA
Rival IPA

gromitdj's Offer:
Cismontane's Flemmish Style Red Ale bomber, Bootlegger's Palomino Pale Ale, a Cismontane pint glass and coaster.

Flemmish Red
Palomino Pale Ale

afro_lou's Offer:
Pliny the Elder pint, Blind Pig pint, and a Russian River Tulip

Pliny the Elder
Blind Pig

Thorrak's Offer:
The Alchemist's Crusher, Finback's Procrastination (IPA w/coffee), a Finback snifter and a couple of stickers.

Alchemist Crusher
Procrastination IPA

pointcity-homebrew's Offer:
Yalobusha's Coffee Break Happy Hour Porter, So Pro's The Unnamed Bourbon Barrel Aged Strongale, So Pro's Devil's Harvest APA, and a Crooked Letter Pint glass.

Coffee Break Happy Hour
The Unnamed
Devil's Harvest

imasickboy's Offer:
Troegs' Master of Pumpkins Pumpkin Ale, LaGrave Tripel Ale, Flying Mouflan Oak Barrel Aged Barelywine, Jovial Dubbel Ale, and a Troegs Pint glass

Master of Pumpkin
LaGrave
Flying Mouflan
Jovial

Bigfish713's Offer:
Jackie O's Dark Apparition RIS, Three Floyd's Zombie Dust PA, and a Jackie O's Pint glass.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/jackie-os-dark-apparition/103156/
Zombie Dust

Now that the offers are posted we can focus on the Raffle itself. Here are the basics of the raffle in case anyone is not sure.

Everyone will have a couple of days to rank their choices. On Oct 30th, We will place everyones name in an online random selector, and reveal the picking order. Then you can either pick live, or you can send me ranked list of your choices, and we can go by that. You can send me your list in case you can't pick live. Even if you plan to pick live. It may be a good idea to send me your list just in case. You can always change your pick if you pick live.

Oct 30th at 4pm ET will be the time we hold the raffle. At that time the raffle picking order will be done. And the first pick will be in the clock. Once the first is done we move on until all offers have been selected. The time of the raffle is subject to change in case anyone would like a different time. Once a player is on the clock, they will have 60 mins to make their selection. If a player sends me a list, and is not present to pick live, I will pick the highest available section from their list. If a player is not present, and does not have a list in after 60 mins, we would move on to the next person. If a player misses their pick, they would get the next pick as soon as they show up.

Let me know if there are any questions, concerns, comments, or general skullduggery is welcome. You can even PM me if you like. Remember Sunday at 4pm ET, is when we draw names. Good luck everyone! :mug:

Well **** I got my beers and see you already posed the offers am I to late or can you add mine

Those last few players came in all at once. Forgot about the Bigfish713. Last player, unless he offers a blue moon. ;)

By the defening silence, I assume you guys are blown away by the great offers? I'm pretty excited for the raffle, I hope you guys are too. :ban:

Back