FastFerment Conical Fermenter PRESALE- $90 Shipped!!! Only 1000 units!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fast_Rack

Fastbrewing & Winemaking
Reaction score
Introducing our Newest Product- The FastFerment Conical Fermenter!

We've just launched a limited introductory offer of 1000 units available for $90 each. Shipping is included in the continental USA.

FastFerment is the newest and best plastic conical fermenter to enter the market. We've designed it to improve your wine making and beer brewing experience and most of all - the quality of your finished product. FastFerment is Easy, Saves Time and Saves Money

Why Should you Use the FastFerment Conical Fermenter?
- Guaranteed Consistent Batches
- Primary & Secondary Fermentation in the Same Container
- No Transfers & No Racking - 80% Less Work
- Better Quality Product with No Sediment Contamination
- Increased Sanitation with Less Contamination
- Better Quality Product with Less Oxygen Exposure
- Ability to Harvest Yeast & Save $1000s

Specs:
- Made with HDPE High Density Polyethylene (Food Grade)

- Air Lock to Bottom Collection Ball Height: 39" - Width: 16.5"

Questions? Check us out at http://www.thefastrack.ca

We LOVE feedback so if you have any other suggestions, feel free to hit us back on this thread or email us at: [email protected]

FastFermentPic.jpg

Looks like a nice fermentor upgrade that doesn't break the bank.
Any plans for larger sizes (i.e. 15 gal capacity for 10-12 gallon batches)?

How much are you expecting the cost to be for the stand? I'd want the low profile for my freezer ferm chamber. Also, what's the "ball" volume? Does one transfer eliminate most of the yeast or is multiple transfers required? Also, does one typically dump the trub that settles initially?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the comments and support! Apologies on the delayed response.

To get back to to your questions:

1. Possibly way way in the future we will do a bigger one. Right now we are focused getting this one to market. And for the price tag we thinking buying 2 or 3 is reasonable for doing large batches.

2. Email us about Testing. We always put a few units aside for reviews and testing with experienced brewers. [email protected]

3. We are trying to have the small stands retail for $25-$35. Still sourcing them. The volume on the collection ball is 600ml. One transfer will usually eliminate all the yeast but depending on what style of beer or wine you are doing sometimes multiple are needed. Yes one typically dumps the trub that settles initially.

Hope this information helps and happy to assist with other questions or ideas!

Thanks for helping get the word out about the Pre Sale!

Best - Cheers,

Casey
(Red Dragon)
416-271-1008

Although I think the fermenter is cool, how am I to cool it? I guess if I had a converted stand up refrigerator so I could get to the ball unit, that might work. Other than that, I think the design is inventive, and will probably sell out.

I would love to have one as well but have no way to control the temperature with this type of design. I would have to make an entirely new firm chamber.

Interesting!

When will they ship? I only saw prototype rendering and no photo so I assume they are not produced yet.

Definately going to keep and eye on it, curious how much the tall stand ends up being because without it i cant really use the product in my stand up freezer. As of now i just lug my bucket into my kitchen table and keg with an auto siphon.

I like the idea of just filling the vessel directly in my ferm chamber with a pump, then kegging directly from there instead of lugging it around.

Something i cant find info for is whats the inner diameter for the thermowell, whats it made of, is it just part of the units mold and formed from the same plastic? Or is it a stainless plug of some sort? Cant really see it in any photo except in the two stand photos, i assume the yellow plug is covering up the thermowell?

I ordered one at The booth at NHC. I'm super excited to brew with this great product. Nice crew at the booth too. They did a great job.

Sent from my Home Brew using Home Brew

Ordered one as well. The only thing I can't wait for is the short stand - it looks perfect for countertop use!

Dimensions please.
Need to know if it will fit in stand up freezer.
- Air Lock to Bottom Collection Ball Height: 39" - Width: 16.5"
From OP's post.

Order a second, will collection bulbs be available when they ship ? I would like to pick one up and save on the shipping.
Thanks.

Ordered one as well. Can't beat the price, and will probably build a 2x4 stand for it. I really wanted a stainless conical, but for the price this thing looks awesome. Going to check the budget and might get another one. I normally do a secondary ferment, so I like the idea of not having to rack. Should pay for itself after the ease of reusing yeast.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Any idea what the pricing will be after the initial 1000 units are sold? I am seeing more of these in my future.

After I placed my order, I emailed Casey (FastFermet) and asked her a few questions about when stands, extra collection balls and shipping would take place. She told me that the fermenters will ship late August and that the stands and collection balls should be available at the same time.

I hope this helps.

I can't wait to get this. I will probably build my own stand unless they are cheap. This fermenter will pay for itself in a few batches with how easy it will be too reuse yeast. I see a few more of these in my future.

Sucks, emailed them and theres still no final word on the thermowell..i really need to know what the inner diameter of the thermowell their using is before buying. Its doubtful that its too small to fit my sensor, but i'd hate to get one and see that it is.

Hi everyone!

Thanks again for the support and comment, really appreciate it!
Here are the answers to some common questions I've being seeing:

How much will the cost be after the initial 1000 units are sold?
It'll be around $115 per unit.

What's the deal with stands/how much will they be?
We'll be manufacturing two sizes of stands: Small stand- Top 10” Bottom 15” Height 21”- cost approx. $25-$35
Large is Top 10” Bottom 15” Height 45” - cost approx. $35- $50
Stands should be ready for sale early Fall.

What's the FastFerment made of?
HDPE High Density Polyethylene (Food Grade)

Cheers!
Claire

I want some of these so badly, but unfortunately the shape makes it sort of impossible to fit inside a ferm chamber, rendering it useless for my purposes

Is there any chance you might ever consider revising the shape to make it wider and about 11" shorter? You could possibly even include legs in the design to make it freestanding.

Making it wider would reduce the angle of the conical possibly making it less effective... I've read that 60 degrees is ideal. I think as you get wider you're going to get a lot less of the yeast getting to the dump valve.

I had wondered about that, and figured maybe the angle might have something to do with it...

Still might be something worth researching/attempting. But until them, guess I'll stick with my carboys...

I want some of these so badly, but unfortunately the shape makes it sort of impossible to fit inside a ferm chamber, rendering it useless for my purposes

Is there any chance you might ever consider revising the shape to make it wider and about 11" shorter? You could possibly even include legs in the design to make it freestanding.

You could go stainless, but cost is more. https://conical-fermenter.com/CF7SH-7-gallon-short.html I think the it would be hard to do with the Fast Ferment.

Hmmm, what about that shape would be hard to translate to hdpe?

Putting legs on it would be hard I imagine. Plus added costs for making another mold. I am not a mechanical engineer so those are just guesses.

Hi everyone!

Thanks again for the support and comment, really appreciate it!
Here are the answers to some common questions I've being seeing:

How much will the cost be after the initial 1000 units are sold?
It'll be around $115 per unit.

What's the deal with stands/how much will they be?
We'll be manufacturing two sizes of stands: Small stand- Top 10” Bottom 15” Height 21”- cost approx. $25-$35
Large is Top 10” Bottom 15” Height 45” - cost approx. $35- $50
Stands should be ready for sale early Fall.

What's the FastFerment made of?
HDPE High Density Polyethylene (Food Grade)

Cheers!
Claire

A few more questions. Will the first 1000 come with the flat bottom collection containers? Also, will you sell additional containers and caps for them? Those were a big selling point for me. Makes re-using yeast for the home-brewer very easy, and gives us dudes an easy way to justify the cost of it to the wife.

Yes, the first 1000 will come with the flat bottom collection containers.

We will also be selling additional containers and ball caps.

Cheers!
Claire

Concerned about the Teflon valve. Doesn't StarSan remove Teflon? Anyone have any ideas?

Any word on how many have sold so far? I really would love to have one if not more. But the paycheck doesn't come in til next week :( . Hoping there are some still available then.

I just ordered (7-24-14), got confirmation that I have one coming late August

Back