Fantome new Road...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_m2mumrBZqA1qe9gxzo2_500.gif~c200
I’ve also always wanted to have a British accent.

Sometimes a British accent will get you places.
QoQ587s.jpg

$6, I can live with that.
achievement unlocked!

this glass gives me so many mixed feels. its my favorite glass ever but i feel like a scumbag each time I use it since Dany does not approve

ive almost contemplated getting rid of it to remove the temptation to use it with every tome i drink

RyHDpj1h.jpg
Opened this around 2 A.M. because why the hell not? Thank you Dunt!

Smell is cherry, toffee and a bit of balsamic, old tropical fruits/citrus, toasted bread.
Taste is similar with a distinct candied citrus and tart cherry like fruitiness, sort of reminds me of a tart and funky pineapple upside down cake, and orange juice. Strange Saison/Flemish red hybrid vibes.

Really impressed, the alcohol is well masked as always and this was very aromatic and flavorful at cellar/room temp. Would love to see this hit stateside when the time is right.

So.... the Fantome Grimm collab is taking a turn towards something amazing.

When I first had it fresh, it was very hefeweizen-like. Popped a bottle tonight and the clearly defined belgian phenolics/yeastiness has really died down and citrus flavors are now front and center. I pretty much took 1 sip and chugged my glass, poured a second glass and now im trying to make it last.... so good

Just finished my only bottle and I agree 100%. Need to find more!

For the first time in 15 years, a bar in northeast Pennsylvania is getting a keg of Fantome saison. They are tapping it on Sunday.

I have driven a lot further than 1.5 hours for something less meaningful than this.

Sabatini's

Never been there, heard nothing but good things. Have a friend and fellow TB'r who lives near there so I will likely be going and taking some sidecar crusty tomes to share.

The place is great. 24 taps plus a 1k+ bottle shop. I can't wait.
Really a great spot. I wish this was two weeks from now so I could join you. My folks live 5 minutes away. There's still a lot of Alexander on the shelf if you are looking for more.

For the first time in 15 years, a bar in northeast Pennsylvania is getting a keg of Fantome saison. They are tapping it on Sunday.

I have driven a lot further than 1.5 hours for something less meaningful than this.

How great/awful would it be if the whole keg pours ropy.

(Is that ever a problem with tome kegs?)

My local watering hole in Lee's Summit, MO just got in a keg of Fantome Saison. The owners are excited. I have shared many different Tome bottles up there in the last year and I don't think I've ever seen the beer guy so pumped to put a keg on. People generally freak out about how good the beer is when I bring bottles up.

My local watering hole in Lee's Summit, MO just got in a keg of Fantome Saison. The owners are excited. I have shared many different Tome bottles up there in the last year and I don't think I've ever seen the beer guy so pumped to put a keg on. People generally freak out about how good the beer is when I bring bottles up.
Getting in the car now. Be there in 3.5 hours.

Which bar?

Thanks dude. I'm in south KC but I'll actually be at Waldo in Lee's Summit next week to get together with family. Hopefully they'll have that Tome on tap.

Come up on a Friday afternoon sometime, if you have the chance. The bartenders are really good people and there is a group of us that will occasionally open up a fancy bottle or two!

image.jpg

Don't have any proper glass, but proper shirt thanks to beeraroundtown

Last of my black caps from early last year, this is this is straight tome juice with a hint of sour. Smells a bit like a toned down RR temptation, even getting some of wine character. Another year and this will surely get even better, but it's doing damn fine right now!

Back