Fantome new Road...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cant tell if this is '93 or '98 so I guess my FT knower is not very much seriousness

297A4DDF-571E-480D-97FA-7CFA99504614.jpg

8E919F85-796B-451C-AB64-995AF8BDC0EB.jpg
i really thing more '93 !!!

New batch? of Fantome Del Rey, how is it?

Seeing distro or only available at Jester King?

Need to track some down.
its not new but they just re-released it since they weren't happy with how the bottles were at first. it's brewery only and yes its tasty. they seriously made a ton of it so it shouldn't be hard to get.

its not new but they just re-released it since they weren't happy with how the bottles were at first. it's brewery only and yes its tasty. they seriously made a ton of it so it shouldn't be hard to get.

I don't think it's brewery only on the re-release. I'm pretty sure I saw it drop at a store or two here (Dallas).

Has anyone had Amazonian Ghost recently. I´ve found a few locally. I haven´t had it before so was wondering if it´s nice?
My theory with any Fantome is if you haven't had it buy two. Open one soon and decide if you should go back for more. There's just way too much variance bottle to bottle. It's rare I've had a bottle from the same batch others have and gotten the same experience.

Drank what I assume was a fresh US/Shelton logo saison last night which I believe came from Doc

Poured completely still and ropey. Nose was all kinds of citrus - mostly limes and taste was straight mango juice. I could have drank that by the gallon. I imagine had that bottle sat a little longer to condition it would have been a show stopper but as is was still awesome.

Drank what I assume was a fresh US/Shelton logo saison last night which I believe came from Doc

Poured completely still and ropey. Nose was all kinds of citrus - mostly limes and taste was straight mango juice. I could have drank that by the gallon. I imagine had that bottle sat a little longer to condition it would have been a show stopper but as is was still awesome.
I've got a case coming my way. This review makes me all sorts of happy.

So.... the Fantome Grimm collab is taking a turn towards something amazing.

When I first had it fresh, it was very hefeweizen-like. Popped a bottle tonight and the clearly defined belgian phenolics/yeastiness has really died down and citrus flavors are now front and center. I pretty much took 1 sip and chugged my glass, poured a second glass and now im trying to make it last.... so good

So.... the Fantome Grimm collab is taking a turn towards something amazing.

When I first had it fresh, it was very hefeweizen-like. Popped a bottle tonight and the clearly defined belgian phenolics/yeastiness has really died down and citrus flavors are now front and center. I pretty much took 1 sip and chugged my glass, poured a second glass and now im trying to make it last.... so good
Damnit. I knew I should have held off on drinking mine.

Drinking a freshish magic ghost care of michael

Smells like cotton candy and woodruff syrup.
Taste has a bit of citrus character and then a mild herbal bitterness thats slightly astringent or tannic, I really cant put my finger on it but its weird.

I like it one minute, than im completely perlexed by it the next. After 2 glasses I started to think I was drugged because I felt weird, not drunk/buzzed just weird.

Ghostastic

Drinking a freshish magic ghost care of michael

Smells like cotton candy and woodruff syrup.
Taste has a bit of citrus character and then a mild herbal bitterness thats slightly astringent or tannic, I really cant put my finger on it but its weird.

I like it one minute, than im completely perlexed by it the next. After 2 glasses I started to think I was drugged because I felt weird, not drunk/buzzed just weird.

Ghostastic
I can confirm the mild bitterness in Magic Ghost from a bottle this past weekend. It wasn't off putting but a weird twist. Strangely, I think I might have also received my bottle from michael.

Back