ezRecipe-RO - Brand New Web Based Recipe Designer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a 10-gallon recipe where ezRecipe did an excellent job of predicting the actual wort volume, color, mash pH and original gravity. I'd add IBUs to the list if I had a way of measuring bitterness. As shown below 13.5 gallons was my pre-boil wort volume and 11.75 gallons my post boil wort volume. 12 gallons of strike water was treated with minerals and lactic acid to target a 5.21 mash pH measured at 30 minutes into the mash. This is the second time brewing this recipe where the predicted and actual values were very very close.

View attachment 601739
View attachment 601740

Vince,

I see that you have posted experimental and predicted mash pH comparisons for two beers (and amber ale and a stout). Do you have any other experimental data that can be compared with predictions? Cheers!

-dmr

Vince,

I see that you have posted experimental and predicted mash pH comparisons for two beers (and amber ale and a stout). Do you have any other experimental data that can be compared with predictions? Cheers!

-dmr
Hi Mark, yes I have a few I can post for you now. I use 12 gallons of treated RO strike water for each recipe as they're all 10-gallon batches.

Kolsch
20 lbs. - Pilsner [Avangard]
1 lb. - Vienna [Briess]
2g - calc. chlor., 3g - Epsom salt, 11ml lactic acid [88%]
5.12 pH mash sample taken 20 minutes in at 77F

Cali' Common
10.5 lbs. - Pilsner [Avangard]
10.5 lbs. - Pale 2 Row [Briess]
7g - gypsum, 1g - calc. chlor., 1g - Epsom salt, 5ml lactic acid
5.17 pH mash sample taken 20 minutes in at 76F

Brown IPA
16 lbs. - Pale 2 Row [Briess]
3 lbs. - Victory Malt
2 lbs. - Brown Malt [UK]
1 lb. - Crystal 60L
1 lb. - Crystal 90L
1g - gypsum, 6g - calc. chlor., 7g - baking soda
5.80 pH mash sample taken 30 minutes in at 76F

Hi Mark, yes I have a few I can post for you now. I use 12 gallons of treated RO strike water for each recipe as they're all 10-gallon batches.

Kolsch
20 lbs. - Pilsner [Avangard]
1 lb. - Vienna [Briess]
2g - calc. chlor., 3g - Epsom salt, 11ml lactic acid [88%]
5.12 pH mash sample taken 20 minutes in at 77F

Cali' Common
10.5 lbs. - Pilsner [Avangard]
10.5 lbs. - Pale 2 Row [Briess]
7g - gypsum, 1g - calc. chlor., 1g - Epsom salt, 5ml lactic acid
5.17 pH mash sample taken 20 minutes in at 76F

Brown IPA
16 lbs. - Pale 2 Row [Briess]
3 lbs. - Victory Malt
2 lbs. - Brown Malt [UK]
1 lb. - Crystal 60L
1 lb. - Crystal 90L
1g - gypsum, 6g - calc. chlor., 7g - baking soda
5.80 pH mash sample taken 30 minutes in at 76F

Most excellent! Thanks!

I'm trying to collect as much data like this in hopes of updating MpH. If anyone else out there has such data, I'd most appreciate it being posted. Perhaps a new thread for such measurements should be started?

I do have a bit of data from some other sources, but I am coming to the conclusion, that I may need to do a few more experiments before I can really nail things down to my satisfaction.

Cheers!

Most excellent! Thanks!

I'm trying to collect as much data like this in hopes of updating MpH. If anyone else out there has such data, I'd most appreciate it being posted. Perhaps a new thread for such measurements should be started?

I do have a bit of data from some other sources, but I am coming to the conclusion, that I may need to do a few more experiments before I can really nail things down to my satisfaction.

Cheers!
You’re welcome. My thoughts exactly. Please create a new thread for posting recipes already brewed and their actual mash pH results.

I know I have results going back some years. Over time I hope to organize all the results I’ve recorded.

A lot of progress continues to be made on the ezRecipe 2.01 desktop version. So much so that I will be creating a new post in this forum dedicated to its Spring release. That'll give me another 25 days to wrap up the current Beta testing cycle.

Here's a preview of the soon to be released ezRecipe Design v2.01. Built from the start to provide brewers with ease of use and their most talked about features. With three years in development and a year of brewday testing ezRecipe Design is now ready to be made available.

ezrecipe-2.01.jpg

For download instructions and system requirements look in this forum for a new post sometime next week!

Last edited:
ezRecipe Design version 2.02.03 is now available.

Just in time for the Fall brewing season, this months update includes the following improvements:

• Enhanced support for importing and exporting BeerXML recipe files.
  • Expanded internal storage for saving recipe and brewing system information.
  • Improved single click standard to metric measurement conversion.
  • New feature to create PDF format documents of your recipes and brewing notes.
  • Additional performance, stability, and usability enhancements.
  • Five of my most often brewed recipes in metric and standard units of measure to get you started.

To Upgrade
  1. From your current version of ezRecipe export your favorite recipes as BeerXML files.
  2. Next download the current September 2, 2019 release of ezRecipe and save it to the location of the previous version.
  3. Open ezRecipe Design 2.02.03 to import the saved BeerXML files and save them to the new ezRecipe Design version.

Click here to get the latest version of ezRecipe Design.

The free version of ezRecipe Design 2.02.05 is now available to download and use. Start off your 2020 brewing season using the list of features included in this release.

ezRecipe Design Online First Look:

Development continues to make progress towards a scheduled 2020 release date. The same ezRecipe Design form and functionality available as a cloud based application. Alpha version shown below.

ezr-web.jpg

Latest posts

Back