EZboil issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerard weyns

FarmBrewRepeat
Reaction score
I just finished wiring up my control panel for my 3 vessel eHERMS and I'm having some issues. https://skrilnetz.net/how-to-build-a-brewing-control-panel-herms-240v-30-amp/
These are the schematics I followed and the only components that are different are the PIDs. I used an EZboil 310 for the HLT and an EZboil 120 for the boil kettle. In the instructions manual it says that when your in mash mode the bottom display should have "no P on the left" and if there is "change to mash mode as discussed in 5.1." I'm almost certain that I am in mash mode but I still have a p on the left in the bottom display. When I select one of the elements I can hear the contactor engage, but I'm not pulling any amps and the element does not heat up. I am assuming that I am not running the PIDs correctly and this is why I'm not getting any power to the heating elements. What's kind of weird is when I use my tester at the receptacles for the heating elements I'm getting 120v at both hot leads, but again no amps. I'm really looking forward to brewing on this system and this is the only thing holding me back. If you can help me out I'll definitely owe you a beer!
:mug:

The Ezboils have an element firing LED just under the Mash LED. If you have a P on the display, you're in boil mode. Push the knob in (not a long hold) and keep turning the knob until it says Mash, then press the button again.

On the 310 there are 4 LEDs. The second from the bottom is lit up yellow and when I push run the bottom LED lights up green, but the elements still are not heating up. Does it sound like its in the right mode and the problem might be elsewhere?

Back